It is hard to be 3-years-old. But I think it is harder to be a 3-year-old's mother. School has been out for nearly two weeks and I honestly looked forward to having Jackson home with me. But.....now he is bored. And when he is bored he tests his limits with me. He laughs at me when I get angry. He continues to do what I just told him not do to. He spits. He hits. He throws tantrums over silly things. He picks on his brother. He pouts when I say he can't have chips or popcorn at 9 AM. Although I still think his pouts are cute, they eventually lead into the screaming tantrum I just can't seem to ignore.
Then you have Brecken who is becoming into his own little person. He gets mad. Real mad. If you take something away or remove him from climbing or standing on top of a piece of furniture, he will cry, scream and run all at the same time. He usually crashes and then cries even harder. Yesterday I picked him up so he would not hurt himself during his rampage and he took it out on my face. My neck has a very large gash in it. It stung all day long. Today when I made him mad, he started slamming cabinets repeatedly accompanied by his screams. I was dumbfounded. When did my 1-year-old start acting like my 3-year-old?
Then you have the two of the gang up on me together. They love playing a great game called "Drive mommy crazy" and they do it very well. Everyday when I get the vacuum out, they like to run around it, grab onto the cord and pull all while laughing hysterically and then running around again like maniacs. It is very hard to vacuum. Yesterday when I vacuumed, Jackson had the cord, he cloths-lined Brecken and Brecken fall face first into the coffee table. Then once I start it up again, Jackson starts throwing socks in front of the vacuum and I vacuumed one up and my vacuum started smoking. Yes smoking. Needless to say I did not get anything accomplished.
Then you have the two of the gang up on me together. They love playing a great game called "Drive mommy crazy" and they do it very well. Everyday when I get the vacuum out, they like to run around it, grab onto the cord and pull all while laughing hysterically and then running around again like maniacs. It is very hard to vacuum. Yesterday when I vacuumed, Jackson had the cord, he cloths-lined Brecken and Brecken fall face first into the coffee table. Then once I start it up again, Jackson starts throwing socks in front of the vacuum and I vacuumed one up and my vacuum started smoking. Yes smoking. Needless to say I did not get anything accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment