Shabby Blogs

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Jackson Patrick!


Let's talk about Jackson Patrick O'Hare turning 3 years old! We did things a little differently than I had imagined. I had planned a HUGE Pinterest-inspired party for Jack's birthday, but we got thrown a curve ball when a dear friend of mine had a work conference here in town, and I decided I did not want to share the little time I got with her by throwing a big extravaganza. Unfortunately her plans fell through about a month before they were supposed to be here, but luckily Kevin's parents decided they would come and celebrate the big day.  I wanted to make a BIG deal for his birthday since all he asked for was a party. We talked about it daily for weeks and I had let him pick out the very inexpensive party decor at Wal-Mart. On Saturday when he woke up he had found balloons all over downstairs and a wagon. But really who cares about the wagon?  Balloons were the hit especially with Brecken. He loved to chew on them. It was a fun day filled with opening presents throughout the day, playing outside and eating as much junk food as you can imagine. I thought Jackson was going to throw up in his bed that night. During naps I set up for the big party of 6, and when they woke up, we set out to Red Robin for some dinner fun. Jackson has not been to Red Robin in quite some time. Actually we avoided going to restaurants until just recently because it was so miserable with him. Luckily on this Saturday night it was not too busy, but that may be the case every where at 5PM. Both the boys just stared at people. I mean really stared. It was embarrassing that Jackson's face was so close to our neighboring booth's food. I would tell him not to stare, and he would tell me, "NO! I want to see them!" This kid loves people. The staff eventually sang Happy Birthday to him, and I think he was almost in tears. He had no idea how to react to this. But he did know how to react to the HUGE scoop of ice cream they laid out in front of him. After this we came home, ate cupcakes and sang Happy Birthday 3 times, blew out candles 3 times, and opened the rest of the birthday loot. I know he felt special on his very special day.





My. Heart. Is. Melting. 

Pop Pop is silly!

  Some of the birthday loot!

Singing Happy Birthday 

Delicious!



Weeeeeeeeee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment