Shabby Blogs

Monday, June 11, 2012

A long ways from Wales....

After our too short of a visit with the in-laws and Mother's Day, which I spent with some of my favorite girls drinking tea, we were lucky enough to have yet another fun filled weekend with Bill and Teresa! If you remember they were in the States in November and came up for a few days to see us then. We are sure feeling spoiled since it is such a treat to be with them, and twice in less than a year is unheard of.

That Friday when they arrived we sat out on our porch and laughed, drank jalapeno beer (best beer EVER if you ask me) and got caught up on the latest. Once Jackson warmed up, he never let Bill out of his sight. He.....Loved......Him! The next day Kevin and Bill played golf while Teresa and I and the boys went shopping. Teresa pampered the entire O'Hare family, and we each received simple gifts. It was all very sweet and thoughtful. Jackson rode his first carousel, and we had a very quiet lunch out before we headed home. That night they insisted Kevin and I go out on a date. I was excited about this, and we took them up on it. We left without feeding the kids, bathing or putting them to bed. It was really a night off. We went to two breweries, visited good friends of ours, and ate some sushi. It was the best date I have had in a long time. I hope they come again really soon. We miss them already!

Jackson also finished up his last day of school that following Wednesday. Bittersweet. We all met a park, and they gave us a concert with great singing and some nose picking from Jackson. The kids were going to make shirts in school for this day, and we were all supposed to pick up a white shirt. I did not have any idea that you can go to Wal-Mart or Target and get a Hanes t-shirt for toddlers, so I got one from Micheal's craft store. As you can tell in the picture it was SO big on him. I was cracking up. His teachers must think I'm crazy.  Jackson got his teachers a summer thank you gift that included a beach towel, magazine and sunscreen!



Mother's Day tea with Natasha, Jennifer, Michelle and Shanna


 My "wool" derby hat!!



I love this picture. They are all so happy. 
Bill and Teresa with the boys. 

Yum!

He is just to cute for words. 









No comments:

Post a Comment