Shabby Blogs

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Brecken Turns 1







I had not planned on doing anything big for Brecken. I was just feeling worn out and uninspired when it came right down to the party. However, Kevin and I still had so much to do to prepare for it. I swear it does not matter if you have 5 people coming over or 50, the preparation is all the same. The day before the party I got some decorating idea,s and I just took what I had in my house and went to work. Phew, that was a mistake. I was a little stressed on what I had started. Here were the highlights...

#1. Everyone LOVED our new screened in porch/deck.
#2. The kids had a blast going down the roller coaster. Hit of the party that is for sure.
#3.  There was a love octagon between the kids. Molly loved Kade. Jackson loved Molly. Lera loved Jack...and so on. It was very comical to all of us except for maybe Jackie and Paul who were really in the middle of it.
#4. Kevin made balloon animals and swords for all the kids. Yet another thing Mr. O'Hare is good at.
#5. And most importantly Brecken  is 1 year old.  I barely can remember what life was like without him. It is so much better now.

It was a perfect day for little Brecken. Most of our best friends were here to celebrate him, and it made me happy. I saw some people I have not seen in forever, and it means the world they came. Obviously Brecken is very special to our little family, but I know he is special to people who know him. He is such a sweet, loving, cuddly boy. He is almost always happy and can adapt to any situation....except sleeping. :)

Happy 1st Birthday Brecken Paul!



Dessert table!


My friend Jackie does this every year for her girls. I love it!! 


He is definitely my dare devil!

No comments:

Post a Comment