Shabby Blogs

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Surviving Walla Walla



I thought this was the perfect title to the most eventful trip I have ever taken.  I am possibly the most anxiety ridden person in the world when it comes to traveling. I wish I wasn't. My husband wishes even more. So when my flight was delayed 20 minutes after I reached my gate I struggled to not to be annoyed. I sat down rearranged my suitcase, which means I showed half the airport my underwear, and then I started to read a book. Then it got delayed for 30 more minutes. The reason behind the delay at 7AM was because they were replacing carpet. Yes, replacing the carpet. Interesting enough. Once the delay hit the two hour mark, I marched into the closest bar and had myself a drink because I was going to come unglued. I drank two very large beers and then set out to get on the plane. I was one of the last ones to board since I was drinking away  my misery so I got the luxury of checking my luggage at the gate. Wonderful. My phone was dying, and I did not realize my charger was in my bag, which causes more anxiety for me once I landed. Luckily I made one last quick call to my friend Barb who was picking me up and then settled into my seat. For the next hour we taxied and waited in the long line to fly out, then someone decided to have a seizure. Yes a seizure. We had to return to the gate and wait for paramedics and paperwork to be done, which only took another hour and 30 minutes. The couple next to me were probably in their mid 60's and never had been on an airplane. What an experience for them. They were cute and great until they would nudge me every time the drink cart came by while I was sleeping to ask if I wanted anything. Really?? NO!! I reached Seattle about 5 hours later then I should have, then I got into the car and drove another 4 hours to Walla Walla. This is only the start of my trip.

However seeing Barb made me relax, but not until after I screamed for an hour. Then we got to Walla Walla, and I was so excited to see all the other girls. They were standing outside of the most beautiful house waiting for us. After lots of hugs and venting from me, we went to dinner, which may have been a little too classy for us "classy ladies". Or at least me. :) At this point I have been up for well over 24 hours and have drank enough for about 10 people, we turned in for the night but not until after some unforgettable mishaps.

 LeeAnne and Brittany


I love this picture. Marie, Carrie, LeeAnne and Britt

 Notice Carrie Belle behind me...BLAHAHAHA!!

The girls in front of the BEAUTIFUL house! 


Isn't Marie GORGEOUS??!!! I think so. 

Saturday everyone was awake by 7:30 and after breakfast Carrie and myself had some cake vodka and pineapple juice and it was all over from there. We went shopping, did some wine tastings including the lovely Chocolate Shoppe!! I almost died 100 times since this a favorite wine here in Charlotte. We then had a little "surprise" baby shower for two of my girlfriends who are pregnant, Barbara and Brittany, which was probably not so much of a surprise but it was fun to celebrate with them. Babies as we all know are such a gift...they are both on their second. I must add also that these two despite their beautiful bellies did not seem like they were pregnant. They were amazing troopers. I have never seen pregnant women like them before. ***SIDE NOTE*** I forgot to mention that after the first night, my cell phone had broken and so did my beloved camera. :( No cell phone on a girls trip out of state is not such a wonderful thing. Needless to say I was freaking out!!!

Brittany and Barbara and their beautiful bellies! Can not wait to meet those babies!


Marie is so sweet and we were all so happy that she was able to come on this trip!


Wine tasting! The only picture of all of us. How sad!


Our second night included a shot gun, which lead to a cut foot...don't ask how. Then a champagne cork hitting me in the neck at the bar and the jerk of a bartender who was absolutely inappropriate in calling me a liar. His exact words were "I do not see any mascara smeared on your face". Saying I did not cry therefore it must have not happened. However this is where I know my best friends are the most loyal friends. LeeAnne closed her tab right then and there and said we were leaving, and then Barb got the owner involved to complain about the awful service we had just received from him. I love my girlfriends. After all these years we still get heated when one is wronged, and it's the best feeling to know you have extended family extended from your family. We of course went back to our cottage, laughed at confessions that were more hysterical than confessions and finally drifted to sleep on our last night. I swear I got food poisoning that night, but Kevin just laughs about that.


Before I left we had made plans to have dinner with my second family who I nannied for so many years ago. Max is now 18, almost 19, and has graduated from high school, Gust is headed to Harvard for summer school (Must be my homework tutoring paying off) and Stella is still just as sweet and innocent as she was. There were about 20 people there, and I was emotionally overwhelmed. I cried and I almost never cry. Kim is so beautiful, and I just admire her so much. It was the perfect way to end my trip. 

Kevin had said that Brecken was a bit of a terror while I was away. I think he missed me or he missed nursing more maybe. I did not really fight him much about nursing since I did not think it was the right time for him. He is however not happy that I pretty much dried up my milk with cabbage leaves. They are miracle workers if you want to dry up your milk in two days. But after a week of nursing, my milk is back in. Bleh!
Kevin filled me in on the fun they had had. Free haircuts, park, playing with Caleb, walking in on Jackson putting deodorant on Brecken. You know the basics, but I am happy to be home as one usually is after sleepless nights. 


Thank you Barbie Doll, Brittany, Carrie, LeeAnne and Marie for the amazing memories and the closeness I feel after this trip. I love you ladies more than you know.


Sorry for the MASSIVE amount of pictures but I just love them ALL!


That Carrie has GOOD stories. :)

Macy's was having a HUGE sale (always) and we got new hats! 

I love this picture!

This was the Chocolate Shoppe wine tasting room. It was absolutely GORGEOUS, just like Brittany. 


I really like this picture...ALL except my black feet! :)


This picture cracks me up!  Here we all are at our best! 


Everyone loved the Chocolate Shoppe they bought  12 bottles to take home. 

 Carrie was so sweet in bringing us all vintage signs from her sister's antique shop. Lucky for Kevin she included him too. :)

Carrie and Barbie doll. Love these ladies!



No comments:

Post a Comment