Shabby Blogs

Monday, August 12, 2013

Budding Artist

This post has been sitting here for 2 months now!! Finally getting this outdated information out there. :)

Brecken is practicing how to draw and color. He is quite good at it. So good that he went on to bigger things like our new upholstered chairs and carpet. He thought they needed a touch of blue in them. He also thought our granite counter tops needed a little change. So he pulled up a chair and grabbed a blue permanent marker and made it pretty. VERY PRETTY. He also thought the cabinets needed touching up with that same permanent marker. Once we heard something and went to check on him, there he was standing on this chair with a CUTCO KNIFE in one hand and a permanent marker in the other.

Brecken is NON-STOP. He climbs on everything and does everything he shouldn't. He thought my floors in the bathroom needed to be cleaned so there he was with the hand soap pumping it out as fast as he could. It smelled good for a few days, but probably because I left it there for a few days. 

Today my neighbor came to my door. I have never met her before. At first I thought she was a religious woman coming to preach to me. She lives kitty corner to our back yard, and over the years I have lived here I have seen her 7 children, yes 7, play in their yard so kindly and nice. I have always enjoyed watching them. She comes over this afternoon because we have had the storm of the century and a tree in their back yard had fallen on our fence. She came over to give her number and name in case we wanted them to pay for any damage. She was distressed but kindly asked about our children. She asked if my oldest son's name was Jack. Following by I have heard his name before. Humm.....well since she lived kitty corner to us in OUR back yard and I have never heard a peep from them can only lead me to believe she has heard me SCREAMING at Jack. Completely mortified since it appears that I was speaking to super mom. 

On a better note, Jackson is quite the show off. He now rides his bike (or tricycle) with no hands and one foot in circles in the cul-de-sac. We enjoy watching him play with the neighbor's. We have been spending more time with some of our neighbors and really enjoying it. We have 13 kids in our cul-de-sac and 9 of them are Brecken and Jack's age! Its awesome. It's an instant playdate every evening until gets dark. Like tonight driving in his new police car (Thank you again Michelle!!) such a show off!! It has two speeds and he acts like he is shifting constantly and really goes fast. Tonight Brecken was running after him and some of the other kids grabbing on the back of it and chasing them!! They are going to give me a heart attack!!


You're thinking "How in the world can this kid be so naughty??" 

We rode the carousel on Brecken's birthday! 

Look at what happened to bruiser's eye!! He fell down the stairs...again :( 


Carter and Jack! They are so cute together! 

We went to Imagion, which is a children's library, and Jack did a puppet show for us. CUTE! 

 Carter and Jack really do have the best time together!

Be Careful! They are watching you!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment