Shabby Blogs

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Playdaze.....

The weeks are slipping by me quicker than I had ever thought they would. When I was a child (okay like 3 years  ago) they would seem to DRAG on forever. The school years would be slow, then the work weeks would be even slower, the only thing that seemed to be quick was your weekend!  Now that I have a family of my own and a household to take care of, my Monday's become Friday in what seems like seconds. My weeks become months, and months become years.  In my opinion, father time sure doesn't win any congeniality awards  in all of this I might add. I would hope that making my life flash by me like it does that I would hardly age at all. Unfortunately this is not the case. As I was shopping at our local grocery store the other day, a very pleasant, plump, gray haired man, possibly in his late 60's approached me and had mistaken me for his wife. He felt terrible, as I just smiled and said "No, that is fine"! But the kicker of the story is when I turned around to see what his actual wife looked like. ***NEWSFLASH***She looked like Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network. Not that I don't love Barefoot Contessa or think she looks terrible, but I'm pretty sure she has a few decades on me. There is nothing like an episode like this to make your self-esteem sky-rocket!

Although I can't seem to find my cell phone or the remote control (hidden in my shoe, thank you Jack it only took me 6 hours to find it and that is no exaggeration), or being so busy but then having nothing to show for it,  I still am managing to keep Jack as young as possible by being somewhat of his play date agent. We try to do something everyday, and have play dates with our friends throughout each week.  Lately, we have had super fun birthday parties back to back to back! Teagan had a bouncy castle cowgirl themed birthday party! Jack is fearless and just loved being in the bouncy castle. It was a little nerve racking for me because there were so many kids, but of course my professional jumper did just fine. We met some great kids and loved being a part of her special day.  A few weeks after we had Calebs 2nd birthday at a local park, which I have never been even though it is just seconds from our house. It was beautiful! There were horses and a lot of room to run around. Caleb had an Elmo themed party, which the kids loved and loved the cupcakes even more. Although Jack had a little accident (falling face first off the picnic table onto the concrete!!) he seemed to recover quicker then I did and STILL managed to run me ragged.


 Check out Teagans outfit!! She makes me want to have another baby in hopes its a girl!


I believe we are in mid-jump.

Teagan and Jack at Calebs Birthday!

Jack also has taken a liking to "playing in the car". Move over gym class, this has taken your place. He just loves to jump back and forth from the back seat to the front. He plays with every button, window, and knob he can find. Its a haven for him. However for me I am left with fingerprints all over my windows and rear view mirror...when I turn on the car, the wipers go crazy, the blinkers are on, but I can't help but let him do it because he is so happy when he is in there. Sometimes we stay in there for an hour because he is having so much fun.

There really is no better way to watch Toy Story 3 then sitting in the car.



Hi Daddy! Look at me!

Even if I'm looking 10 years older (or 40 years) then I am, being with these kids, and being able to be a kid with Jack makes me feel young. The innocence of them I cherish, the smiles and laughter of making a silly face I embrace. I could do without a few less dirty diapers, and zero temper tantrums....but I love them all and I love my job as a "play date agent". 

Jack and Kaden playing at the mall. Its free and its fun.

  Grayson was very proud of himself. I cannot say that I blame him.

1 comment:

  1. The ONLY thing that you and Barefoot Contessa have in common is the same hair color... and even that is a stretch. the old man was blind as a bat!
    love that jack plays in the car! that was (and sometimes still is) one of M's favorite activities!!!

    ReplyDelete