Shabby Blogs

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pick Me, Strawberry

Our first attempt at the strawberry patch took place several weeks ago with my then very pregnant side kick Leah. I picked her up at 9:30am sharp and off we went talking about what we were going to do with these strawberries once we got them home. Her: strawberry banana bread. Me: strawberry shortcakes.  The car ride there wasn't to bad except I had made the mistake of putting in a different DVD, Over the Hedge, and realized very quickly this was not going to be one for the car if anywhere.

It was extremely windy but warm, and there was hardly anyone else there. We picked up our containers and off we went.  Jack loved running up and down the rows and pointing at ladybugs. At one point he was crying, and when I raced over to see what in the world could be the matter, I came to the conclusion he had picked up a lady bug and tried to eat it. It must have scared him when he felt their little legs. He was pretty devastated. Once this happened, it was only a matter of seconds that I realized I would only be buying 4 strawberries, not exactly enough to make strawberry shortcake. He was done. I had to be done.


 My beautiful friend Leah!! She was only days away from delivering her baby boy!

Checking out those ladybugs before the vicious attack.

Luckily there were some children's activities so we could prolong our visit. Jack played in this massive water table, and not so accidentally drank some of that very very clean water. EEEKKK! We also saw some chickens, which I'm sure was his highlight. It was mine just watching his excitement and him laughing. My child loves him some animals, that is for sure.





I paid for our strawberries, a mere $1, and picked up a homemade strawberry slushy.  At least we got to sit down for a few minutes to drink it before the rain came!!


 I'm NOT posting this picture because I look good (obviously)....I just love the look at Jack's face!



I think Jack looks like my nephew Kordell here!



At our 2nd attempt going to the strawberry patch several weeks after our first, we were accompanied by our good friends Jackie, Molly, and baby B. Molly was suited up in proper attire wearing overalls and tennis shoes. She had told her mom earlier that they were not pretty shoes and she did not want to wear them. CUTE! We meet up around 10am and this time its a different ball game. From the crowds to the pick of the strawberries. Jackson is just enamoured by Molly. I'm afraid she has this affect on most children. He was just in heaven doing whatever see did. I got about as many strawberries as last time, but I'm afraid Jackson may have eaten some before we paid for them. He LOVED them! Super fun way to end the strawberry season.


 I love this picture. I think its sweet.

 This picture cracks me up. Molly is loving life, and Jack is picking strawberries to eat.

 WE SAID STAY OUT OF THE MUD!!

Strawberry guilt all over his face. They will never know he ate any strawberries.

2 comments:

  1. we loved every second with you guys! GREAT pics, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute. Looks like you guys are having tons of fun. You look great Krissy! Love you guys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete