Shabby Blogs

Friday, April 22, 2011

Sweet and Sour Dreams

As I'm lying down on this gloomy, rainy day I feel completely exhausted. This trend seems to be sticking around for the last few days. But on this particular afternoon I realize that I am lying in something wet. Yes ladies and gentlemen my drool. #1 I was totally grossed out. #2 Did I even fall asleep for this to happen? Usually what happens is I try to take a nap, but then I hear dogs barking, a noise on the monitor, or thinking of all the stuff I "should" be doing. Why is it so hard to have sweet dreams in the middle of the afternoon?  

As for my sweet Jumping Jack, we have ultimately been working on his big boy room for the last few months. First it was cleaning out the "give all room". Second-painting. Third-putting together all the furniture and making the wall art and head board (yes I made it all myself), Fourth-hanging all the pictures/curtains, ect, and finally making the move to actually make our baby turn into a boy.

On a side note here, back in February when we went to visit Kevin's parents, Jackson decided to use his expertise and climb out of the pack-n-play. It was disastrous. This is how it went:

  • Arrival-2am
  • Playtime with g-ma and g-pa-2-3am
  • Jack getting in and out of the pack-n-play-3-3:45 am......

Kevin put him in we said "nite nite Jack" (I was already in bed) Kevin gets into bed (we are all sharing a room) the next thing we heard was rustling....then Jacks sweet little voice next to the bed saying "Hi Daddy". It took us a minute to realize what just happened. So then it started. Back in the pack n play, out of the pack n play...and so on. He was screaming, I just wanted to give in and let him sleep with us, but my  husband is known for a no nonsense system of NEVER giving in, and he FINALLY went to sleep in his pack n play after probably if I had to guess 40 times of getting out. This happened at every nap time and bedtime while we were there.  When we came home we thought....we need to get him in right away to his big boy bed. We had nothing done to his new room at this point. We were a little scared. So...we arrive back home at midnight this time and guess what...HUGE thud of him jumping out of his very VERY tall crib. But this eventually ended and he luckily only tried it a few more times, which was comforting to me since it is a big drop.

So here we are two months from our initial visit to Grandma and Grandpa's house and we are now making our move. We started on a Friday night. I was dreading this all day. We do our nightly routine, lay him in bed, turn out the lights, and walk out. Not a peep until 7:30 am the next day!! As you can imagine I was up by 6am, and pacing by his door. We were so excited when he finally woke, praising him and kissing him non-stop. Naps and night times have been easy and we are so happy that he was obviously very ready to begin his start of boyhood.





I snapped a quick picture before Jack ran over and started to jump on his bed. :) 


His bulletin board has all pictures of him and his friends playing. He loves to sit up on his dresser (safe I know) and look at them.

1 comment:

  1. His room is so cute! I was afraid when Anthony slept on his own too. It was kind of bitter sweet; nice to know you timed it right, but sad to think your baby is becoming a big boy.

    ReplyDelete