Today I started wrapping a gift...cut the paper, had it ready to tape and realized I have no tape. This seems to be an ongoing problem in my house. No tape, no milk, no toilet paper, and you know the list runs on forever. So you ask what does one do in a situation such as these. My suggestions are masking tape (beautiful), water in cereal, and of course Kleenex. If only everything in life was this fixable. I need suggestions on how when I say "No", my son will internalize this and listen. His most favorite thing to do is hit mommy in the face. I would be lying if I said it was only in the privacy of my own home when he does this act. I also won't deny that in Michaels today as I wouldn't let him have every piece of candy that we walked by he proceeded to arch his back matrix style, jiggle out of the seat belt, stand up in the shopping cart, and slap mom's face while screaming. This lovely adventure takes place more than I would like to admit. Does he do this with his father. No. I have to ask myself, what am I doing wrong?? I guess I am thankful he hasn't learned to say NO to me. I'm sure he does in his jib jab language, but the actual word no has never been spoken.
However, when my boys came home from the beach it was so wonderful to see them. Jack was so enthusiastically jumping everywhere and I believe he learned a little bit more jib jab while he was gone. Kevin filled me in on everything Jack did that was cute, and how much beer he drank. We have 80 more bottle caps for our epoxy top bar, but not all 80 were drank in 2 days. Lets hope.
Here is Jack Racing down the ramp at the beach....
And Hopping too!
Were the 80 beers drank by Jax or a combination of peeps at the beach??
ReplyDeletei think it is the curse of the mother's soul to wonder, "what did i do wrong?" i just uttered those words four minutes before reading this. and the joy of it is, we've done everything right! no matter what we did; no matter what we will doo! keep that in mind ALWAYS! good luck! xoxo
ReplyDeleteLoving your blog, Krissy! And I totally understand those moments especially when comparing them to how Tea reacts to me (battle to get in high chair, car seat, change diaper, et) versus how she obeys her dad...grrr! But take heart, it's been documented (indeed, that MUST make it true!) that he's just way more comfy with Mommy and knows you will love him no matter how he acts out! This too shall pass and he'll replace those slaps with the sweetest son to mommy kisses!
ReplyDelete