Shabby Blogs

Friday, April 1, 2011

And here we go....

I'm not sure where this blog will take me, but I want to give acknowledgements the 2 ladies who inspired me want to do this...Thank you Michelle K and Jackie K. I love that you take time to write everyday or almost everyday. I feel so connected to you when I read and am hoping I have the same affect on you and others.  

Its Friday night and I have been child/husband free for over 24 hours now.  For those of you who know me, this is a very rare thing. Actually, this has never happened before. My very sweet husband suggested that he take Jack to the beach for a couple of days to see his friends who have rented a beach house. I was very apprehensive of this at first, but then I knew that this old mama could really use a break. But not much of a "relaxing" break I am getting. I finished a year long course and am now a certified transcriptionist, cleaned the house, got Jack and Kevin's Easter baskets ready, went to dinner with a dear friend of mine, and am trying to kick this nasty cold I have (since Monday).


Kevin and Jack feeding the ducks. I would like to think Jack is very sad without his mommy, but much to my surprise he is happy, sleeping very well, and eating plenty of mac n cheese. I guess this means only one thing. Father/son weekends need to happen more often!

As I sit here tonight with Ziki sleeping at my feet watching Oprah (not a very interesting episode I may add...maybe this is why I never watch), I wonder what I have to look forward to tomorrow, next week, and 8 weeks from now. Tomorrow I get to hug and kiss the 2 loves of my life. Next week I will be looking for a job. 8 weeks from now, I will be a mother of two. Let's just hope I can get rid of all this "cold" in my life before any of that happens.

6 comments:

  1. I love it. This is a great way to share ur life with friends and family. I do hope that someday I will have enough time to start one of my own. I'm so excited that u finished school-congrats, that's a great accomplishment! And I hope u enjoyed ur alone time, I bet it will be great to see ur boys. Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog and pictures Krissy!! I love hearing your thoughts too and so can't wait to see what adventures you post about this year for there are sure to be many! And wow, way impressed that you already have Easter baskets together. You are so organized! Have a happy Saturday there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!! Excellent post! Keep them coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you!!!! This is awesome!! I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great!! Congrats on finishing school! This makes me want to do something like this too. I can't wait for your next post. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos to you Mrs. O'Hare--great job! I'm so glad I was able to be your friday night date and I hope you are aware that even fully pregnant you'v still got it! :)) Love you bunches and again great job!

    ReplyDelete