Shabby Blogs

Friday, April 15, 2011

A Boy's Boy

It's another day at the O'Hare household and as I look over at Jack while he is laying on the sofa watching one of his favorite shows (Dino Dan, Curious George, Finding Nemo, Ice Age, Bee Movie, Sesame Street to name a few), I have to laugh. The way he is laying is quite funny. I had to take a picture to share. I am wondering what he likes about these shows, and when he laughs at them it makes me melt. When did baby Jack turn into such a boy?? 



He is most definitely a boy. He loves to play with cars. He drives them everywhere. On my head, on the sofa, on the computer keyboard. There is no place where these "off road" vehicles can't go. I realized the other day that I don't think I ever made the "vrooooommmmm noise", but somehow he just started to do it. I think boys are programed. Not to mention my child has no fear. We are enrolled at a children's gym and the teacher is always so impressed with him every week we are there. I believe all of his energy is fine tuning his running, climbing, balancing, and jumping skills.  He JUMPS everywhere. They have this air log (as you can imagine is a giant, long, circular inflated piece of equipment meant to crawl across) that my child climbs up on and jumps across without me holding his hands.  He is wild. He loves to hang from the monkey bars and its only a matter of time that he will be able to do it all by himself. We have so much fun at class every week. It amazes me how he can sit and do activities with the teacher and he gets very proud of himself for doing so.


His MOST favorite place to jump is on ANY sofa he can find.


Going head first is always the appropriate thing to do on EVERYTHING


I have tried countless times to promote coloring, drawing, playing with play dough. Jack has tried countless times to eat the crayons, play dough, and most recently our finger paints.  I want so badly to explore this creative side, but instead he will throw the crayons on the floor and yes, you guessed it JUMP on them.  My most recent mistake being giving a toddler a box of cereal (captain crunch to give a visual). As he proceeded to sit down in the living room, turn the box over spilling all contents on the ground, my first thought was to scream but then I stopped. What did I exactly think he was going to do with that entire box of cereal? Sit nicely and just take what was the appropriate portion for him to eat? Of course he was going to dump it and yes.....JUMP on it. He laughed and I laughed as he crunched the cereal all over my already ruined carpet. He was so proud of himself it was hard not to relish in his fun. And I still find the nerve to complain about my ruined carpet when of course all signs point to me.


I think he is reading the nutrition facts? Too much sodium Jack!




Masterpiece!

I think he has a little bit of the outdoorsy side to him as well. This makes me SUPER happy being a bit of a outdoorsy girl myself. I think we will have a ball camping. He loves bugs. His most recent favorites are the caterpillar and bee (thanks to the Bee Movie). We see caterpillar's everywhere outside and he talks to them, tells them "bye byes" (cutest thing ever) and will leave to run around and come back with a huge smile and point and talk again. I'm just nervous about when he finds his first snake what he will do. But every time my little outdoors boy is outside he just plays in the fire pit (not as bad as it sounds), collects sticks, digs in the dirt, and kicks the ball. He does not like to throw balls....just kick them. I believe soccer is in our future.

I'm so proud of my boy's boy. He is learning so much and loving being wild. I am grateful for how much he loves his mommy and daddy, and how much he loves to cuddle and give "loves" to everything he owns.  Maybe I'm not doing such a bad job after all. :)



Water play!!!


Wrestling and giving "loves". What a combo!




4 comments:

  1. This post cracked me up, especially the first picture. Jack is totally fearless and I know God knows just what he is doing when he gives us our children because you are THE perfect, fun, laid back, outdoorsy mama for him. I am sure I would have had a heart attack already and bolted down the doors! Can't wait to see him in action at Romper Roll! Too funny about the cereal. Oh have I been there, my friend:)! Have a great Saturday there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh krissy, that sounds so much like my house! - wrestling/cuddling, "buh-bye" to everything, climbing and jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how every boy seems to do the same things. Some of those things reminds me of Anthony. You are doing a great job with Jack! It's funny how they let you know you are doing a good job, when some days don't seem like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this BOY!!! i cracked up at the captain crunch box turned upside down and jumped on... shoot, i might do that if you give me the whole box now! sounds too fun ; ) and you pics are, of course, priceless!!! <3

    ReplyDelete