A perfect,chocolate little hand print on our living room wall marks the beginning of our Easter this year. This season was filled with new babies, and new phobias. Baby Liam and Caleb joined us to our Easter Egg Hunt in our neighborhood this year. We arrived at the club house around 8:20 am. We were the second family to arrive. They were still putting out breakfast, which Kevin was surprisingly disappointed. He had said me the night before that he wished for sausage, eggs, pancakes...ect. What we got was donuts, danishes, english muffins, and muffins. It was plain sugar. You would think Jackson would be interested in such a spread, but then the Easter Bunny came around. He/she was giving all the children a pencil, which in our case is food for Jack. Jack without blinking once, stared at the Easter Bunny and refused to take the pencil. I took it and he/she went on their merry way. But as for Jack, he clung to me or Kevin for dear life, and did not lose sight of that Evil Bunny. However, I do not blame my child for being a bit frightened of this bunny. I really couldn't believe what I saw either.

Finally around 9:30/9:45 we went to hunt for eggs. Jack of course didn't really care much. He just wanted to run...away from the E.B. :) Caleb's Easter basket was of course Elmo, and Jack used the one his Auntie Barbie sent him in the mail. The reason I am commenting on the Easter baskets is I had overheard a couple while we were "Easter Picking" say "(My child's name) has by far the best Easter basket here." I'm not sure if they knew I was standing there or if they really cared that I overheard them, but their comment baffled me a little. I always knew some parents were competitive in ways, but really??? Its come to my Easter basket it better than yours? Nevertheless, Jack and Caleb had a ball. Caleb really enjoyed finding the eggs unlike Jack. Baby Liam was sleeping peacefully on his gorgeous, glowing mommy. It was such a beautiful morning, until Jack of course wanted to climb up a hill with me tagging right behind him. A gentlemen who worked there told us we should get down from the hill because it is slippery (it rained all day/night). So when I told Jack we needed to get down, he started to throw his classic temper tantrum. I picked him up, and I lost my footing, and I eventually slipped down the hill. A sight to see. Big pregnant lady with toddler throwing a fit in hand falling down a hill. Priceless! The only thing I hurt was my ego. My hair was wet, back stained with mud and grass. I am not the type of person to get embarrassed about things, but this surely tops the list.

He is excited, but its not about finding eggs!
Caleb on a mission. I see a yellow one right there!
Sweet Baby Liam
I of course wanted to leave out carrots for the E.B., but Kevin said it was silly. I just don't know who or what wouldnt be interested in carrots and hummus! I placed Jack's basket out early and Kevin's too. Jack was thrilled to see his. Kevin got out the video camera and J went for the eggs. I had put marshmallows in them. Lucky kid. He played all morning with his puzzles, cars, and animals. Kevin that is. :) It was an amazing day that was ended by Jack playing with his green beans at the dinner table. It is still perplexing that I can not for the life of me get my child to eat anything green....except grass.
I LOVE marshmallows!
I love this kid.
These facial expressions never get old.
Glad to hear Jackson had a great Easter minus the Easter Bunny :) I hope the fall wasn't too hard on you :( He is always so happy and does make cute little faces.
ReplyDeleteIs it wrong to kind of wish there had been a picture of you after the fall? ; )
ReplyDeleteglad you are okay and survived the hunt! Love the pics of Jacks on Easter morning!!!!