I think I say the phrase "not nice" about 124,980 times a day. Its usually when Jack is hitting Ziki, or dumping his cereal all over the floor or better yet dumping his water or milk on the coffee table to make a make-shift water table....this is a daily basis in our household. I did not think in my pre-mommy days that I would have "not nice" furniture anymore, or "not nice" carpet, or even "not nice" clothes. My lovely coffee table is all bubbled up from spilled drinks, side table scratched by a rock (its fun to play with rocks as if they are toy cars), carpet after one year is completely trashed...... If its not Ziki, its Jack..and if its not Jack ironically its me. When did my life become such a "not nice" affair? I guess I'm thankful that my future days of rough housing where I get holes in my walls are hopefully far away.
Jack making his BEST not nice face. This look usually has a little talk attitude along with it. It very hard not to smile and laugh at him when he does it, but the cuteness of this is also fading away quickly. He most definitely did not get this attribute from his father. I wish I could blame him....for SOMETHING! :)
Today however, was a NICE day. Not because Jack was being so kind, but because we had a wonderful "Easter Picking" as Jack's BFF named Ms. Molly likes to call it, with our very pregnant and a couple not so pregnant playgroup. Jack and I got up early (okay not really by choice of the Easter Picking, but because 6am is a very good time for dogs to bark and for babies to wake up) and made cupcakes, and got everything ready for our party. We laid out Easter Eggs before 9:30am and by 10am most of the chocolate was melted. Not that I would have thought to check, but Jack thought it would be a great idea to start opening all the eggs and dumping its contents on the ground. Double work for mom, double fun for Jack.
Mom and Jack working hard on dying Easter Eggs...
So much fun, so much frosting, and a few broken, yet hard boiled, eggs. Its great to be apart of such a great playgroup and the kids have become all such good friends, not to mention the adults too. It was a beautiful day for a beautiful event. Jack was worn out by the time everyone left, he went to bed without any lunch.
Caleb is so silly with the pail on his head. Jack thinks he is hilarious!!
Don't you think that basket is a little big Jack??
All musical prodigies...
Kaden and Gray Bay ready to rock and roll. Kaden had special eggs to pick since he is such a BIG boy.
My beautiful little Irish girl Teagan.
Caleb LOVED searching for eggs, but I think he liked watching the worker B's next store even more.
Sweet Elsa making sure no one else took her goodies.
Wait Jack! You dropped your basket!
All the Easter baskets all in a row.
So cute!!! And you know how thrilled Miss Molly will be that Jack has picked up her term of "Easter Picking!" Glad you had such a gorgeous day!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! It looks like so much fun! Miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for being the Hostess with the Mostess! Teagan and I had a blast at your Easter playdate and some great memories were made! Love all the pics and will download them! Have a Happy Saturday O'Hare Family!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like lots of fun! You are one busy lady. Jack is one busy boy...maybe being a big brother will slow him up a bit...(one can only wish.)
ReplyDelete