FINDING OUT
I had just returned from the beach. Kevin went to soccer immediately after I came home. I immediately took a PG test. It immediately turned positive. I immediately had tears of joy.
FIRST TRIMESTER
What a difference the word exhaustion means when your body is creating such a miracle, and the miracle you already have does not care. Having bouts of nausea here and there and making sure your toddler is happy is definitely multi-tasking at your best. I will say, I am very happy that my "morning, afternoon, and night sickness" only lasted until about week 9-10. But my exhausted state has decided to stick around permanently.
Whoops! 4 weeks pregnant!
Me, Brittany, and Mel
Beach Trip...About 5 weeks pregnant!
Jackson is preparing to be a BIG Brother.
This all went by so quickly. Over the holidays was very disappointing not to have a glass of wine (okay who are we kidding 14 glasses of wine). I'm also getting bigger and can not wrestle with Jack anymore. One of the many things I dislike about being pregnant with a toddler at hand. I'm carrying much different than with Jack, and am not gaining as much weight (not by much, a few pounds). We found out on January 3rd we are having a BOY! Kevin thought up until the moment we had the ultrasound it was a girl. We had the ultrasound tech write down on a piece of paper or actually she typed it on the ultrasound picture, and she put it in an envelope. Kevin and I went out to dinner, just the two of us, to find out! It was very exciting for a few reasons. #1. I can't remember when we had gone out just the two of us. #2. The obvious reason!! We were both so nervous we didn't open it until after we ate our food. We were both so giddy and kept reaching for it and then saying...lets wait a minute. Kevin finally did it, then pushed the envelope over to me. Lets just say there is no mistaking its a boy!! My mother-in-law thought it was going to be a girl. She kept saying "Its a girl, and she will be calm". I don't know what this will mean for our actual outcome. I guess she was already wrong about the gender, but lets hope she is right about the temperament!
Much Thanks to Michelle for this picture. Here we are at hopefully annual progressive dinner party.
15 weeks pregnant.
The only belly picture I have taken, until now!
20 weeks pregnant or 5 months. :)
THIRD TRIMESTERWe have finally narrowed down our name. Brecken Vaughn, or Brecken Paul. Both of the middle names named after Kevin's mother Yvonne, or Kevin's grandfather Paul. We decided we needed a one syllable middle name to sound right. We haven't picked either one as of today, but hopefully we will get there... if we ever get to talk over dinner again instead of scarfing our food down so all of us can be "all done" at the same time.
You would think Jack was being sweet, so I will let you think that.
Baby Brecken belly at 34 weeks.
Baby Jackson Belly at 34 weeks. Apparently I really like the color brown.
SURPRISE!
This past weekend was just amazing. My girlfriends had set up a surprise baby shower/lunch for me. I had been telling everyone that I didn't want a shower because I hate being the center of attention and everyone had done so much for me with Jackson, and I didn't think I needed another sprinkle. But to my surprise everyone got together to show me and Baby Brecken so much love. I wonder how I have made such amazing friends and how lucky I am to have each of you in my life. This is a day I will truly never forget. Thank you, Thank you, 10,000 thank you's.
Things I love about being pregnant:
1. People treat you different. Always with a smile.
2. Feeling the baby move. The hiccups, the tightening of the stomach makes me feel like everything is okay.
3. Being blessed with another amazing gift.
Things I hate about being pregnant:
1. People treat you different. Like you can't pick up a grocery bag.
2. Not being able to fit into a small space. It is SO difficult to put Jack in or get him out of his car seat with this belly!
3. No drinks for you! No coffee! No beer! Thanks to you Jackie, O'Douls has saved my life.
4. Not having the energy or the ability to wrestle or rough play (that is all he wants to do) with my child. It makes me so sad.
WAITING...
Now we just wait. Waiting for Kevin to finish all of his projects before baby arrives (poor guy has been working like a dog every weekend since the end of January). Waiting for Jackson to become the best big brother he can be to sweet little baby Breck. Waiting to hold and kiss our newest member of Team O'Hare. And very least, an exciting wait of getting no sleep for weeks on end, but needing to love it because as I have seen with Jack, this too will pass.
Now we just wait. Waiting for Kevin to finish all of his projects before baby arrives (poor guy has been working like a dog every weekend since the end of January). Waiting for Jackson to become the best big brother he can be to sweet little baby Breck. Waiting to hold and kiss our newest member of Team O'Hare. And very least, an exciting wait of getting no sleep for weeks on end, but needing to love it because as I have seen with Jack, this too will pass.





krissy you look BEAUTIFUL! i am so happy for all of you!
ReplyDeletejessica
You are so cute! I loved reliving your pregnanacy with you. It has been so special to be pg at the same time as you, Shanna and Linda and I know I will never forget this magical time! Love that cute, cute, cute bathing suit and your perfect belly shots Mama!
ReplyDeleteThis was the BESTEST post ever!!! #1- i cannot wait to meet and kiss and hug and love baby brecken (almost as much as his perfect big brother will!) #2- you look AMAZING (as always!) #3- o'doul's will ALWAYS be a life saver!!! 4- you are just awesome!
ReplyDelete