Being 17 and having to write down for your yearbook "what will you be doing in 10 years", seems like a no brainer. You can conquer the world. It is so exhilarating to FINALLY be out on your own (because mom and dad are so strict and do not know a thing). So as you sit down to write this it is initially something silly, meant to make people laugh, or of course the no brainer "married, kids, career"... I'm not exactly sure what mine said, but it was something silly like "eating ranch sandwiches with LeeAnne"... Ohh how I wish that were true! But what I really actually thought was married, kids, career naturally. I never imagined my life really panning out the way it did in the last 10 years. In someways I feel like it was yesterday I was taking the "senic route" or working at the only fast food place in town "McDonalds" or dreaming of a double wedding with Marie with the then love of my life. But in other ways I feel so old. I just asked Kevin the other day how old I was. Really.... I cannot remember how old I am?? I also question my age while watching tv shows like "American Idol". I used to be the same age as these contestants...well that is all changing quickly too. I come from a small town in Montana that has 1 stop light, what seems like 32 bars, 2 gas stations, and 2 grocery stores. I have such a love for my hometown. The second I drive into DL I get a rush of old memories...with the smell, the shock factor of what is new or what has closed down, and people who you are dying to run into but would never admit it. Its a feeling I know I will have forever. This June our "10-year-reunion" is taking place. Facebook of course has made all of this planning easier I'm sure of it as it has for the "shock factor" of what everyone is doing or looks like. All of this is making me take yet another trip down memory lane...of course always remembering the good and forgetting the bad. I will not be attending as I will have another life changing event happen just a few weeks before. I just can not believe it has been 10 years, however it makes me smile for what I have accomplished in 10 years. The growing up I have done, and looking forward to the growing up I still need to do. Life is so much harder than I thought it was at age 17, and it is so much more rewarding too. I will admit, I do have days I wish I was 17 again with my biggest worry being "I hope mom doesnt know what time I got in last night"....
![]() |
| This was at my wedding 5 short years after highschool with my girls! LeeAnne, Carrie, Me, Brittany, Amanda, and Barbie Doll. |
This is just right outside of DL overlooking some of the big metropolis.
A couple of reasons I love this picture.
#1. I look like I'm breastfeeding.
#2. It was LeeAnne's Wedding 2 years ago Sept.
#3. It's not often enough I get to see these girls let alone these boys!!
Me, Jack :), Amanda, Barb, Brittany, Caleb, and Bret
Jackson fits right in, in DL with his best buddy Ryder Roo. Ryder told me "Krissy...he's cute"
The four of us back together again! Does someone have a confession?
Amanda, Marie, Me, LeeAnne
Amanda, Marie, Me, LeeAnne
Kevin also fits right in, in the Big City.






Love it! Love the pics (especially of you breastfeeding!) and love getting a little taste of your hometown!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny and cute!! I loved hearing about your hometown too! You are such a fun, gorgeous woman and I can't wait to see where the next ten years will take you. So grateful for our newish friendship!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the great memories!!! We have had lots of great times and I'm glad that distances doesn't keep them from happening. I love you lots:) Can't wait to see you and the family in August for another memorable time.
ReplyDelete