Shabby Blogs

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Jackson Patrick (SEPTEMBER)

My sweet 4 year old Jack. He amazes me almost every day. With what he learns and really what comes out of his mouth. I'm starting to see myself in Jackson a lot. He smells his food before he eats it, his face shakes when he gets really angry and he will do absolutely anything to NOT miss out on any fun. It kills him actually.

This year starts his 4-year-old Preschool class, the important one. I started to get really nervous this year because it really is crunch time to learn all these important things. Like writing your  name, knowing your letters and starting to read. Jack has NO interest in learning...and guess what he doesn't get that from daddy. :( So I am preparing myself and Kevin that we may be holding Jack back another year before Kindergarten. He told his teacher last Tuesday that he doesn't like school anymore because he has to write his name and its really hard. It broke her heart and mine. So we both have been giving Jack a little more attention in this department. Here we are on week 3 of school and guess who can write their name!!! He is very proud of it. His non interest for learning is making a little change. THANKFULLY. His teacher told me today that he is much more confident and wants to write his name without any help from anyone! And I'm a little more confident he'll start kindergarten with his peers next year. 

Here are some things that made us laugh these past few weeks.....

ME: Jack what is your favorite movie? 
JACK: Epic. 
ME: Why? 
JACK: Because their is a  pretty girl in there. Do you want to be pretty like her someday mom? 

JACK: Mom is there is a baby in your belly? 
ME: No. There most definitely is no baby in there. 
JACK: Yes there is mom. How did it get there? 
ME: Daddy....
JACK: Daddy opened up your belly and put the baby in there? 
ME: No. Actually God makes the decision weather or not you have a baby and he puts it there.
I'm not very handy being put on the spot!! Obviously! 

Kevin walks in from being outside to Brecken screaming and crying. Jackson is running past him with a cold pack to give to Brecken. 
KEVIN: What happened Jack? 
JACK: I hit him in the face with a ball so I thought he needed this to make him feel better. :) 

I just laid down in bed to relax for three seconds and lose a quick five games of Candy Crush when Jack starts jumping all over me telling me HE wants to play with the tablet and so on. 
ME: Jack seriously go play. Go to the playroom. 
JACK: Mom....I thought you liked me. 

Awesomely awful mom moment.












No comments:

Post a Comment