Shabby Blogs

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Brecken (wrecken) Paul SEPTEMBER 2013

Brecken is very independent. He doesn't ask for help, he just does it. He gets his own food when he is hungry. (waffles from freezer;  bread, nutella and a knife from pantry etc.) He climbs onto the toilet without help or step stool. He has fallen in once that I know of. If his hands are sticky he washes them himself in the bathroom, which includes turning on the water and off the water and wiping his hands on the towel. It still amazes me. But some independent things are NOT okay. Like going outside. I was upstairs doing laundry and yelling for Brecken and didn't hear any response. So I went downstairs to find the front door wide open and Brecken playing in the driveway. My heart dropped! It's a super good thing we live in a super secluded cul-de-sac!

Mr. Brecken is in undies now!! But I can't brag and say he is fully potty trained. He would rather poop in his pants than in the toilet. I really don't understand this concept, but I'm just glad that he is actually pooping unlike Jack did for almost two years of his life!

He started school this year! Can you believe I actually have 4 hours to myself 3 days a week??!! I can't and honestly I haven't even relaxed.  Four hours seems like a long time but it totally is NOT. I run all my errands, prepare dinner, do laundry and clean house. I wish I could read a book or watch a TV show.

Brecken was a rock star the first day of school. He kissed me and said goodbye. But the 2nd day and every day after has not been that good. Lots of crying and pouting lips. But I know he has fun. I have called the school and I have actually peeked in his class 30 seconds later to see him playing. But he is nothing like Jack since Jack has always been a teacher favorite. Brecken has already had THREE poppy underwear accidents (2 were in the first day) and one was today!! On the first day when he pooped I thought she had thrown his underwear away and I was a little upset because I had hoped she would just throw them in a bag and let me clean them. She doesn't realize what a poop stain master I am. Come to find out over a week later that those two pairs he soiled on the first day of school were hidden in one of the many pockets on his backpack!! What she must think of me!

And since Brecken turned 27 months he no longer has a bottle! But that also means he is on a milk strike. AND he is sleeping in his big boy bed, which is bigger than Jacks. He sleeps much better and longer now. In the past week I have found his bed to be quite the toy box. Yesterday I found 12 pirate figurines,  Diego and Jaguar figurine, 5 books and 2 big boots. And he was sleeping under all of them.

Brecken's favorite TV shows are Bubble Guppies, Super Why and Paw Patrol. And WWIII will happen if he does not get his way with the remote. This poses as a problem with 2 headstrong TV watchers in the house.



I can hardly stand his cuteness sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment