I have no big complaints about this year, and we ended it in style. This is our 2nd New Years Eve party at the Koehler's, and I hope that we will be going there every year! We had yet another sleepover, and the boys LOVE it!! Jackie is all around amazing. She has no enemies, and everyone who meets her always tell me later how much they love her. I feel so lucky to have met her and her husband Paul through a mutual friend 6 years ago. This year we dined on tapas and the kids ate homemade pizza's. Jackie is so easy going, and she tells me that the kids can make the pizza's themselves. I'm looking at her a little worried because we have been there for 30 minutes, they are busy in the kitchen preparing food, and we are all on our 2nd martini, and I am thinking to myself "She is crazy to have 4 children under 5 years of age do this right now!" But that is my Jackie. So when she notices my confused look she say's "What??!! We will just put down a sheet and they can do it on the floor!" Ha! Needless to say I made the pizza's only because Molly said she didn't want to. Phew! :) Jackie also made the cutest menu for the night AND made a mix of the best songs of 2012! She thinks of everything.
"Kid"night was at 8 PM. We did a better job than last year when we used a youtube video from 2008 in Tokyo. They gathered around the laptop while we cheered, kissed, and shot off poppers. Then the kids ran outside to bang pots and scream. The kids also had "fake" champagne. I of course brought cotton candy to put in the glasses before you poured the juice and it is suppose to look super awesome...needless to say it was another dud on Pinterest. The kids went to sleep by 9, and that is when the real fun came out! We have not laughed that hard in a long time or drank like that. Nights like this make you feel happy in life. Cheers to an awesome 2013!!
The goody bags I made for the kids. They turned out SO cute!!
Jackie!
What adorable pictures of little Molly!
The kiddos having FUN!
KID-NIGHT! Look at them all gathered by the laptop. I have pure joy in my heart seeing all of them together.
Champagne Toast!!
Let's make some NOISE!
Paul cracks us all up. I love that he is "baking", wearing a women's hat and using a pink oven mit.
Middle picture is the vodka flamed chorizo!
Girls Just Wanna Have FUN!
Notice Kevin is lurking in the background in the middle picture. Do you like his FLAVA FLAV necklace!
Okay I realize that maybe just Kevin, myself, Jackie and Paul will find this humorous but I have to share. As the night went on and we said "silly" things and if they were funny enough we would put them on the board. If you notice I did not make it on the board. I guess I'm not that funny.
My favorites:
1. Ivan, who by the way is their dog, I have a short digestive system.
2. Kevin. I want to hear that Justin Beiber Song.
3. Roo Roo (Bethany). Chuck Testa. She kept running into the kitchen and screaming this at the top of her lungs.
4. Jack. FLAVA FLAV!!! So cute when he was saying it.
5. Jackie. Paul! I think its already New Year's. This was said at 11:49 PM. :)
Happy New Year!!
















love you guys! happy new year!!
ReplyDelete