Barbara has always made it a priority to come here almost yearly and has since I moved over 6 years ago. I have known Barb since middle school but we really got close once I moved out to WA and we lived minutes from one another. We practically lived together for two years, and in those two years I grew up and found the love of my life. Last year and again this year we had the pleasure of spending time with her son Leyton who is the sweetest little boy and one of the brightest I know. Leyton and Jackson were born only days apart and when they are here its like family. I don't feel the need to entertain or keep my house spotless. We lounge in our PJ's till noon, eat cupcakes every other meal and talk almost nonstop. Those of you who have the pleasure to know Barb, know this is very easy to do!
We spent most of our time laughing at the boys as they are as wild as ever. It gave me a glimpse of what having two sons will be like. I also realized that if we decided or "accidentally" were blessed with child number 3, we would have to get a bigger vehicle. The Hyundai just does not fit 3 car seats!! Thank you Carol for lending us the expedition!!
We had a jam-packed week of play dates, pumpkin patch picking, fall festivals, and well dying my gray hair back to my un-natural color of blackish brownish. Leyton cracks me up with his "Okay Mommy" every time she says something to him. For example...Barb would say "Leyton eat your corn dog. " Leyton's response "Okay Mommy" as he goes over and takes a bite of his corn dog. Barb "Leyton can Jackson play with that?" Leyton "Okay Mommy" as he hands over the toy. You get the point... I asked Barb if she could super nanny my kids in being so polite and being good listeners. Yesterday Kevin and I were talking about how nice it was for Barb to visit us and I said "Okay Mommy" and Jackson got up off of his chair and started playing a game of "banging your head on the door" like him and Leyton did. It was funny to see him make that connection without us telling him.
Barb and I also had an afternoon or should I say just a few hours to ourselves while Kevin watched all three of the boys. Bless him as my friend B says. I was a little nervous for him but as always he kept them entertained by playing "the banging your head on the door game". They thought he was hilarious as I guess I do too. But during our afternoon out we went wedding dress shopping!!! Barbara is getting married and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. Watching her try on dresses and being able to talk about what is important to her and plan her day made me very happy. She was glowing and rightfully so. She has been waiting for this moment since she met her fiance. I couldn't help but want to try on a few dresses myself. Like perhaps Kim Kardashian's dress. :) However, seeing Barbara so happy was something that is burned into my memory and I'm thrilled to have shared that with her. She is so in love and has been for years. She would tear up when talking about him and how much he meant to her. So sweet and I could not ask for a better man to be with her.
Tuesday morning came and it felt like they had just arrived when I had to take them back to the airport. I'm not so secretly hoping that Leyton's behavior has rubbed off on Jack while they are here but all signs point to he is no follower.
I love this picture so much I can't stand it.
Craziness at the playgroup!!
HA! Brecken looks as big as Leyton in this picture!
He loved the slide...but did not love waiting in line for it.
Let's not forget about Ziki!
Arent they the cutest! I want to squeeze Leyton's face off here.
I love this picture. You are adorable Jackson O'Hare!
I love this picture so much!!
Yes my child has a pop...but it almost looks like PBR.
Driving the Tractor. Jack is steering and Leyton is doing the petals!
I love this picture.
My beautiful boy!!
It was a complete wrestle fest when Kevin was home.
Sweet Krissy! This post made me teary. You are such a precious, precious friend to so many of us! You have my heart, girlie! I loved meeting Barb and Leyton. They were so much fun and I got a ton of cool craft ideas from her! Glad to hear you guys had such a wonderful visit with them. Hugs sister!
ReplyDelete