Shabby Blogs

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Once a Year....

We love to have visitors. We love to entertain. This may explain why we have built a bar upstairs in the "Family Cave". Every year the Hunt family comes down from OH and stays the night with us before traveling along down to the beach. Every year we sit, laugh and catch up on our new adventures, talk about our kids and maybe play a drinking game or two. This year was no exception.

They arrived a little after 5 PM with a big box fan in hand and ready to start their vacation.  The girls were a year older and more beautiful then ever. They always keep us laughing with their stories and how "grown up" they can  be. They only had one request, to get some cupcakes from a local cupcake bakery here.  But before we could manage to fill that request we cracked beers open and started the reminiscing. As the year prior, we played Truth or Dare with Maddie again. Nate is always keeping me laughing because well he is just funny and you can't help but like the guy. One of the "Truth" questions Maddie asked her dad was "Have you ever kissed another guy".......We'll let the answer to that go unknown. So the game ended with Nate running around our cul-de-sac with his shirt off screaming. Our neighbors must really wonder about us sometimes. No surprise to any of you who read my blog regularly is that I love to shot gun a beer. Something about it reminds me of being 17 with my girlfriends. So true to form I make Jill shot gun a beer with me as I do every year. She needed a little bit of a notice to get geared up for the event so like I do with Jackson I set the "carrot" timer and when it went off, we were off....and for once in my life I won!! Sorry Jill. :)

All in all its such a fun night when they come. Kevin and Nate stay up until all hours of the night...or early morning (5AM),  Jill and I have good conversations and play Yahtzee, Maddie makes us laugh with her cruise director love song tribute and Shelby makes us want to be 13 again thinking that nerd glasses and fake mustaches on your finger is whats cool... It never seems quite right that we only see each other a few times a year.


Shelby and Brecken

Madison and Brecki

Jackson LOVED Maddie. He followed her around the ENTIRE time they were here. He was so sad to see her go.

No comments:

Post a Comment