It seems as if the littlest gifts make the biggest smiles, especially when you are 2. Once each spring and fall our neighborhood has a yard sale. I love this and I look forward to it the second it gets posted. I have gotten almost all of Jackson's and now Brecken's big toys from them. We have purchased a rocking fish ($5), a kitchen ($25), tool set bench ($15), table and chairs ($20), a basketball hoop ....oh wait that one I actually dumpster dove for :) but you get the point.
Saturday morning came and it was still dark out and for us a bit chilly. I made coffee, brushed my teeth and put on my puffy vest and waited for L to arrive. The first stop I picked up a shopping cart. I have been wanting one FOREVER for Jack. $2. We drove around for a bit stopping at one here and there when someone gave us the scoop about 2 other neighborhood yard sales. We were so excited! So it was fun going to a different neighborhood and I picked up a bigger than a gallon Ziploc bag of figurines. Shrek, Woody, Buzz, The Incredibles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....ect and some yes McDonald happy meal toys were also included. But this bag of bliss brought MANY MANY hours of happiness to my son. It was his most favorite of all the toys I brought home. And still 3 weeks later he is still in love.
It was like Christmas morning after this yard sale. Kevin and I had smiles from ear to ear watching Jackson be so happy. I live through Jack and his happiness and now Brecken too. Christmas this year is going to be very memorable and I look forward to feeling like a child again through my own children.
No comments:
Post a Comment