Shabby Blogs

Thursday, October 13, 2011

New News!!

BRECKEN
Brecken is now rolling from his back to his belly in seconds flat. He almost refuses to stay on his back. He is getting up real high on his arms and spins himself around the room. He is getting around without crawling yet.  He is also trying to sit up from a lying down position. Its almost frightening. He absolutely loves the johnny jumper. He could stay in it for hours if I would let him. He no longer appreciates his swing or lounge bouncy seat. He is beginning to be "okay" with his bumbo but would prefer it if you would just sit with him on the floor while he stands or sits. He is becoming more of a hip baby every day, which makes me happy yet sad since it means he is becoming less babyish every day. He is now interested in toys!! Its fun to see him really pound on a musical toy and grab and mouth all kinds of other toys. Jackson is now obsessed with all the baby toys too. We have started to "take turns" and share. Its very hard for Jackson but hopefully in 3 or 4 years we'll be past this. :)

I know that I'm a little biest in saying that Brecken just has the most sweetest little face and most beautiful eyes. His eyes don't seem to be mine or Kevin's so I'm not sure where they are coming from but they just glisten. His eyelashes are so long and he is the most amazing cuddler. Every time Kevin holds him, which is often, he says "Isn't this guy just so sweet?" Its true. We both feel so blessed with such amazing boys. Very different boys at this point, but so incredibly special.

He had his 4 month appointment a few weeks back and he is over 50% in his height. He may be the first O'Hare to reach the top shelf in the kitchen without a step stool. He weighs about 11 pounds 14 oz. He is very content, loves to laugh and smile. He is sleeping from 9:30PM-4-6AM. Naps are almost non-existent, but we are working on it and he screams bloody murder everytime you even think of putting him in his carseat.  I guess not everything can be perfect.


Excuse me Mr. Binks...My thumb is moving in.

Helping mom get ready

The mom shoulder.....It will only be another year before I wear a clean shirt.



JACKSON
Jackson is loving school. His teacher tells him she loves him when she puts him in the car every afternoon and kisses his cheek and forehead. This makes me well up. Its very apparent the kids love her too. If she is not there in the morning when I drop Jack off and another teacher is filling in, the kids are all so sad. She is most definitely made to be a preschool teacher. Like today she tells me when she finally got into the class room, a little girl told her "Ms. H it is about time you got here.." It makes me very happy we did chose this school even though the number of students in the class room made me uneasy at first. We have already had 2 homework assignments. #1 being the letter B...we had to find things and paste them on our letter that we made at home. And #2 being the letter C doing the same thing. It was really fun to do with him and we tape them on the fridge and talk about all the things that start with both. Its rewarding to be giving him the chance to grow his mind. Its also fun to tape on the fridge all the projects he has done at school. He will run and point to them every so often and talk about them.
****Jackson also brought home his very first illness from school. It only took a week. Just a head cold. Passed it to me, Kevin then lastly Brecken. It was real fun to see between the two boys who needed the humidifer more. I never thought I would need two humidifers but I guess that is now on my wish list. Jackson's head cold soon turned into the WORST ear infection in history of Team OHare. He woke up from his nap (which is never a plesant adventure) and he was unconsolably crying, grabbing his right ear, and pounding his head on the couch, floor and chair. He wanted to be held, but not wanted to be held. I was hysterical at this point. Brecken also decided to become hysterical too. The calm part of me thought, it has only got to be an ear infection. The part that was coming out of me was "OMG did he lodge something into his ear??? What is wrong? What if its something much bigger!!??" So I called the doctor and got an appointment for 1 1/2 hours later. Called Kevin and we all went as a family to get there an hour early and have them tell us they are running 40 minutes behind..Needless to say after a very exhausting evening it was only an ear infection but it was a very hysterical moment in my life. Seeing your child in any kind of pain is a horrible experince. I feel like becoming a mother/parent there is nothing worse and I would do anything if I could and can to take it away.

Potty training is still on the go. We kind of fell off the wagon for a bit because life here has just been crazy, and well a day spent with Jackson O'Hare and his stubbornness I'm sure you would agree. I have a few new ideas and I am ready to do this. We just need a weekend that is clear and ready for us.

Speech Therapy. We are there Monday and Friday mornings for 30 minutes. She takes him back all by himself (my big boy) and me and Breck sit out in the waiting room. I sat with him for the first two weeks and he does so well. She has set up 4 numbered bins and in each bin is a different activity. He loves this set up and he loves her too. After they are done she gives me "homework" for the week and tips on what to help with and how to.  She said he is doing AMAZING and she is very impressed. Makes me wonder if he really needed it in the first place. We went there a while back and she came out with another child because they needed to use the restroom and Jack thought she was coming to get him so he was UPSET when she left without him. He screamed for the next 10 minutes. Two other ladies in the waiting room both said to me "ohhh that's so cute that he loves her so much"...yeah I wanted to shoot myself. Brecken in one arm and trying to contain Jackson in the other. Yeah real freaking cute. But....I wonder if its this, school, or him just getting older that is helping him. He is talking much more now or I should say talking with words since before it sounded like he was Chinese. He is saying bizarre things like bicycles, toothpaste, pumpkin, and it is very clear like you or I would say them  but I have yet to hear him say cat, dog or cup....I guess that is the stubbornness in him. He is so smart and I hate comparing his speech to everyone else's child but I guess in the long run he will talk and with his babble it will be nonstop so I should probably  just enjoy this.

Mr. Independent-So he has now learned how to open all doors, use the water dispenser on the fridge, get food out of the fridge and pantry and pull up chairs to get stuff off the counter and is refusing to eat off of any plate that is made for children. It looks like he doesn't need my help anymore. So we are now in phase two of child proofing and it does NOT make Mr. Independent very happy.

On another note, Jackson has decided to stop eating every piece of paper and cardboard in the house so I have taken the books and puzzels out from hiding. They are disgusting since they look like a pack of wild dogs mistaked them as a tasty treat but at least we can still manage to read them. I was beginning to wonder if we were going to be on the show "Obsessed".



hummm...something is just not right with this picture??

Don't mess with me

This past weekend, someone mistaked Jack as being a girl....I wonder why??

No comments:

Post a Comment