Brecken is talking a lot and putting sentences together. It's really cute because we never got to see this with Jackson so young because it took him quite sometime to start talking. But he does this little jabber too that is so cute but he is not really saying any words. One of my most recent favorite things he does is when we call him to come eat.
US: "Brecken! Come get your breakfast!"
BRECKEN: "K! I'm coming!!" And you can hear him running as fast as he can to get to the kitchen.
However also in recent meal times once he arrives at the table he tells us "I don't want this" and pushes his food away and gets down.
Brecken and his "I don't' want it" phase is funny, but it is getting old fast. Today in the car I gave him some pretzels, which he of course wanted. Then he started whining so I gave him more, and he started screaming "I don't want it" and crunched them all up and threw them on the floor. It reminded me of when I was younger, and I threw a fit because I was not done shopping at the drug store with my mom and SHE said it was time to leave. How dare she. I mean the hour and half we were in there was not enough time to spend my hard earned cash. I ended up tearing a part a $5.00 bill in the middle of the parking lot into tiny pieces while crying. My mom says she picked up the money and took it to the bank and got a new $5 bill and never gave it to me. :)
Today Brecken took his nutella sandwich and pulled it apart. He used one half to rub his belly with it and the other to rip into little pieces on the floor. I guess he didn't want it. I should get the point already.
Brecken is SO into pirates lately. Thank you Trish for giving us all of Kevin's old pirates, castle and ship. Brecken talks about "piedites" all day long, and he pretty much always has a sword in one hand and a handful of "piedites" in the other.
I realize as I'm typing this that what they say and do is more funny when you actually see them do it. It's hard to put their expressions into words. But we all know Jackson loves his food. He tells me all day every day that he is thirsty AND hungry. I got him a Gogurt from the freezer the other day and.....
ME: Is this what you want to eat Jack?
Jack NO! I don't want to eat it!
ME: Well what you do you want.
He points to the Gogurt.
ME: So you want to eat this.
Jack: NO!
Me: Okay well then what do you want.
Jack: THAT! I do not want to eat it mama. I want to lick it.
We got a lollipop from the bank yesterday, and while we were in the car driving away and we went through the whole Gogurt scene again but he also added..."Mom I want to lick it. It's delicious!" He over exaggerates the way he licks stuff, and the way he says delicious is so freaking cute. I would give a lollipop every time just to hear him say it. He is rolling his L's with his tongue. His enunciation is very good.
Lately he has been walking over to me and "play" slapping my leg and saying "That's what eww get!" Okay I realize I just said he has good enunciation but definitely not on his Y's. But seriously, "That's what you get??". Where did he get that? I don't go around slapping him telling him that. It's cracking me up. I see him saying it to Brecken ALL THE TIME.
Right now Jack is SO into superheros, guns and legos! I never thought I would love boy toys as much as I do. I am LOVING that both of them are such boys, however the potty humor has already come out. Lucky us!
Jackson just keeps us laughing with what he says. Some days you get lucky and you are his best friend, but some days you are NOT. Mostly daddy. And apparently you only get to eat what is your favorite in Jackson's world. I want to live in Jack's world.
Playdate with Carter!
Okay this picture makes me laugh because
#1. Jackson's underwear is on backwards. Compliments of himself.
#2. They are always playing swords. Brecken loves that little sword I got at the dollar store. He takes it everywhere.
I ADORE my little pirate.
Lanny and Brecken are actually sharing here! They are like cousins they see each other so much.




No comments:
Post a Comment