Shabby Blogs

Monday, May 14, 2012

Painting with a twist


Last week I finally used a Groupon that I purchased back in November.  I am SO glad I did not let this expire because it was one of the most fun things I have ever done. I went with 4 other women, and we did a painting called "Red Blossoms". It was not my favorite when we looked at the selection, but they only offer one painting per night and well this was the night that everyone who bought this Groupon could go before it expired.

Of course Leah and I carpooled, and we were late getting there because Jackson had an ear infection and Brecken can not stand the sight of his mother leaving these days so it took a million years to get out of my house. It was a little intimating walking into a room filled with canvases on easels while everyone was staring at us. But I saw my friend Jackie smiling, and I wanted to get my glass of wine poured and eat a cookie or two. We sat down and chatted for a minute before the instructor started the class. She painted one section at a time and showed us how to do it in front of the class and then you let your creative side go.  I loved watching Leah paint as she is also an art teacher, and I adore the paintings I have seen of hers. As the wine flowed I started to admire my own painting. A lot. I went from giving it to my own mother to keeping it to myself in a matter of 75 minutes. Sorry mom. I did have good intentions. At one point the instructor came over to help me a little, and she picked up my canvas and it hit me over the head. She apologized, and I laughed and said "That's okay, you just gave me an concussion." She did not laugh or say anything. I guess it was one of those times where I think I'm funnier then I am. I loved painting, drinking and laughing with these women. I will do doing another class like this soon.


Can you find me?? I'm next to the girl with the brown painting...:)

Jackie, Leah, Beth, Me and Danielle


1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet and I find u to be very funny;) such a great night!!!! Y didn't u chat about the after party;)
    Leah

    ReplyDelete