Shabby Blogs

Saturday, May 12, 2012

I'll Have Another!



It is that time of year again where we break out the checkbook, make ridiculous bets on horses and have mint juleps. This year Kevin and 4 other guys rented a RV and went up to Kentucky for the big day. I am SO jealous!! In two years hopefully I will get to join them on this adventure that I experienced not so long ago. This year the women and children of the men who left on the trip came over to my house to have a little Kentucky Derby party of our own, which included a sleepover. We had 4 adults and 7 children. Phew! We put on our prettiest dresses and our biggest hats and had some fun. We made bourbon balls, sausage balls, baked Marconi and cheese, grilled asparagus and banana pudding for desert. So yummy!! After we put the last child to bed at almost 11 PM, we continued to laugh and drink MANY MANY drinks until after 2AM. I woke up early and picked up my disgusting house and watched the kids while my friends slept. It was so fun to see the kids playing in the morning. It was a glimpse of what sleepovers would be like. It was my favorite part of the party.

Kelly and Baby Harper!


I love these ladies!
Leah, Me and Jackie


These ladies still look good at 2AM



Kevin did not win any money and he slept (wink, wink) through 5 hours of the races. The most fun part about the going to the Derby is betting of course and trying to sneak your booze in. Kevin succeed in doing so this year as some of the others did not succeed. They finally made it home about 6:30 PM. They drove an almost 8 hour drive with no air conditioning. You can imagine after having the crazy two nights that they had had, that the last thing they wanted to do was CLEAN the RV and take it back. Yuck! After a week, I think we all have finally recovered from our Derby experiences.


This hat was actually Paul's but Kevin sure did look good in it!

Kevin during his 5 hour nap...Don't these ladies look lovely???

No comments:

Post a Comment