We had quite the agenda while she was here. On Thursday, we went uptown on the light-rail and roamed Charlotte's biggest festival, "Speed Street". She was quite impressed as was I. It was like Deer Lodge on steroids. Okay actually it wasn't that bad since it was a Thursday morning when we went. Carrie and I actually got to race changing tires on a racecar at one booth. I won, and I got a free t-shirt of a race car driver I've never heard of. Ryder got some autographs from people we didn't know, and we pick up plenty of freebies along the way.
We were walking by when they asked if Ryder wanted to come join them since he was dancing for them. It made me so happy to see this!!
Friday we went to this crazy drive through zoo. It was one of the most unique things I've ever done. I have not laughed so hard in a long time. The EMU's were so scary, and you really felt like you were being preyed on like in Jurassic Park. We put down the middle seats in the van, rolled down our windows and got licked by a ton of animals. Ewww, I know. It was fun and something I'll never forget.
These two were scary!!!
Saturday was our most low key day and we went to lunch at one of my favorite spots and then we went strawberry picking!
We left for Charleston first thing on Sunday morning to get to the beach. However, most people had the same idea because we waited in traffic for an hour just 5 minutes from the beach!! I was very antsy. The beach was packed, but amazing. Carrie found some great seashells and almost caught a crab. It was hot though, and we packed NO drinks or more importantly NO beer! Ugh. We headed back to the hotel around 3 PM to freshen up and get ready for dinner at Poogan's Porch! We've been salivating about going here for the last three months, and they did not let us down. The next day we got downtown early and had the best day! We took a carriage ride, shopped, took a million pictures. It was so fun. I fell in love with Charleston all over again. And I think Carrie loved it even more than I did, which is almost impossible. I really need to go more often.
Ryder had so much fun playing in the sand.
I love this picture of Carrie and Ryder!
Here we are at dinner! YUM!
I'm drinking the best drink ever! Almond Joy martini! This place was beyond awesome. I can not wait to go back.
Carriage ride!
Carrie's first experience with "grits". Before and after. Looks like she LOVED it. :)
It was so nice to have Carrie and Ryder here and it was fun to be able to do a ton of stuff we don't normally do. We miss them so much! Poor Ryder was afraid of Brecken. He is a bruiser that is for sure. I don't think Ryder misses him to much. Jackson asked me today if "Ryder would come back to see him." I hope so Jack!!
Carrie brought us Butte's own Orphan Girl!! You mix this with Root Beer and its an instant Root Beer Float! It was amazing and we only have about one glass left. :(
These series of pictures make me laugh...especially the bare butt!
Poor Ryder could not get one ounce of peace and quiet with these two!! He would just look at me and say "Kids, just Kids", while he was shaking his head. I miss this kid so much.


























No comments:
Post a Comment