Shabby Blogs

Monday, August 6, 2012

In The Summertime....




Is it August already? Phew! Between the 4th of July festivities, friends and family coming to visit, and even a wedding in Ohio we have not had much down time.

The 4th of July was fun. We had our annual neighborhood parade with some of our best friends and our children's best friends and spent the afternoon poolside. We ended the night by lighting some cheap fireworks off but just a few before we scared Jack so much that he was in tears. He would however hold a sparkler. He is such an odd ball.

Shanna and me at the parade! Shanna has the cutest pregnant belly!

Look at Caleb's jeep! All the boys were impressed. 


After the parade! Cute cute kids!!


Jack and his sparkler!

Kevin 's parents were so kind to come down and watch the kids overnight while I celebrated the big 30! We stayed at a hotel uptown and had the time of our lives! Me and couple of my girlfriends spent several hours in the hotel getting ready, laughing and taking before mug shots. Everyone made me feel so loved. I was of course embarrassed because I hate any attention, but it felt good at the same time. We met the rest of our gang by 8 PM and probably by 8:12 I was on the dance floor, and then being escorted off because I wouldn't keep my shoes on. My girlfriend Kelly said it was the most fun she has had in years, and her husband chimed in by saying "It felt like he was on Jersey Shore". I don't know if that was good or bad, but I know everyone had a memorable time. And that makes me the most happy. We felt so young, except for when we headed back to the hotel by midnight and headed back home by 9 AM. I missed the kids SO much... :)



Shana, Shanna and I

Chelsea, me and Leah. 




In the hotel drinking wine before the big night! 


It has been years since Kevin and I have been to a concert. Last one being Willy Nelson, and most of us know what happened there. It was a Tuesday night, and my friend Leah watched the boys while Kevin and I made some pretty amazing memories. Between listening to Roger Waters a.k.a. Pink Floyd's The Wall (greatest album ever), watching a ridiculous light show and paying $8.00 per beer, the concert was unbelievable and no punches were thrown. Crazy to think that we will probably never see them again in concert.


Me, Jackie and Paul!

Besides all of the fun activities we have been attending this month Jackson and Brecken are quite the comedians and keep me on my toes. Brecken climbs on everything. On top of tables, the toilet, Ziki. So in short, if it looks interesting he is on top of it. He can climb down the stairs by himself these days, which is heart wrenching but I let him do it for practice. We finally put up a mounted baby gate upstairs, and it has been life changing. And another gate into the laundry room (which is where Ziki's food and litter box reside). This is also life changing, and I don't have to find any more surprises in Ziki's litter like the kid's Home Depot power tools and the remote to the playroom T.V. we thought we lost.  Brecken also is still my human vacuum cleaner. Besides all the crumbs, leaves and debris he ingests daily, he gave me a pile of Ziki's puke. He walked out onto the porch and handed it to me like it was a cookie while smooshing it in his hand. Jackson was more disgusted than I was. He thought it was poop. Brecken is also out of his highchair, and he currently is refusing to sit in his booster. I guess watching Jackson makes him grow up a little faster. This morning when I saw him sitting on the toilet, unrolling toilet paper no less, I imagined he would be pooping in the potty before Jackson. I also walked into Jackson's room the other day and I found a curling iron plugged in no less. Our sockets are supposed to be childproof. I don't know which one did it but I assure you it won't happen again.  Brecken is still my sweet snuggle bug, and today was our first day of weaning him from nursing. It has been a rough day for Brecken, and I feel so sad deep in my gut. Partially because it is probably my last time I will ever nurse and the bond that I have felt by doing so with my boys is unremarkable. But I must stay strong because I am ready to be done, but it is so hard because he fights me.

Jackson is a crack up. His ever-growing personality never ceases to amazes me. I wish you could see the way he crosses his arms and puckers up his lip when he is mad. In fact you can see it in one of the pictures below. It is usually accompanied by a deep scream which is not so cute, but I definitely need to get a video of this before this phase is also over. Whenever Jackson wants something he tells you in a sweet high voice proceeded by shaking his head as if to prompt you to say yes with such happy eyes and a Cheshire cat grin with his lips pierced together. You almost can't help but say yes. His requests are almost always "Can we go to the pool mommy? Can we make cookies mommy?" This is something else we need to get on video. If we say no it's just as comical because he says "ahhhwwww" and has such a sad face and then he asks again. I am SO proud to say that at 3 years old Jackson can tell his left from his right...most of the time. He tells me directions in the car. He is very handy to have around since I am directionally challenged. Since summer started Jack loves to swim. Loves it. We are there every two days so I had to learn or at least be comfortable with taking both boys by myself. Our first day I was thinking this wasn't so bad, but that was until Jackson ran right into the pool without his float on and sunk to the bottom. I turned to pick Brecken up from running in the other direction, and I turned around just in time to watch him step right in like he was a human float. Luckily a mom standing close by picked him up. Needless to say he has learned to have his float on before getting back into the pool. Jackson's other most favorite thing in the world is to ride is tricycle. He calls it his "tricamooty".  It was my $5 find at this year's neighborhood yard sale, and let me tell you...it paid off! He rides it every time he sees it. Whether it is around the car in the garage or in the cul-de-sac, and he is on his big wheel in the house going as fast as he can around corners barely missing Brecken every two seconds. He rides all day long. I can not wait to get him a bike. Soon...we will get one soon.

We have been having a lot of fun this summer and I can't believe in about four weeks we will be back in school! I am looking forward to doing some work around the yard and the cooler weather, but I will miss having Jack around in the mornings.



Kaden and Grayson's Big Birthday Bash!



Super fun roller coaster! Jack, Lera and Molly. 













1 comment: