Shabby Blogs

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blahuary

Jackson and Brecken are now being sweet and playing with one another, but they are also pulling hair, taking toys away, throwing toys at each other and wrestling if you can believe it. Brecken is ALL OVER THE PLACE. He pulls himself up then falls to his bum and crawls to then next place that looks fun to pull up on and then repeat.  He pulled himself up on a wood weaved basket the other day only to have slipped and sliced his finger. It bled, and bled and bled for 45 minutes straight! Jackson has never even bled that much. I was mortified. He cried so much because I was putting so much pressure on his little finger, and every time I would take it off it would start bleeding again. I almost thought he might of needed stitches, but I guess that is me being a crazy mother thinking things are worse than they are.  He is so busy but never seems tired enough to sleep for more then 5 minutes. So no, he is not sleeping through the night yet. He is starting to crawl up the stairs and well fall down the stairs. That has happened twice but luckily it was only one or two stairs, and no hospital visits were necessary.


Jackson being silly! He loves to wear socks as mittens.

Poor Brecken after his finger injury. We had to keep a sock on it.

I had a day a couple of weeks ago that I really will never forget. Let me share it with you...

Brecken was up all night long or 6 times to be exact because lately I have been keeping track.  First thing after breakfast Jackson of course had some more bathroom drama. I'm becoming a pro at cleaning poop out of pants.  Then as I'm in the kitchen, doing something important of course, I glance to see where Brecken was.  When I didn't see him, I walked over to the living room/dining room, and the front door is wide open. There is Jack, Brecken and Ziki all out on the front porch. I was mortified, mad, scared...all emotions that you can feel at that moment I felt.  So Jackson took it upon himself to open the door for all of them, and I'm such a dumb dumb for not putting one of those door protector locks on there. We had a play date at my friend Shanna's house at 10:30AM so when we finally got it together to leave the house we were about 30 minutes late. And after 10 minutes of getting to her house Jackson pooped so massive that it was down his legs.  I swear to this day I have never seen so much poop before.  I couldn't even wipe him with wipes. He had to take a bath there. I remeber thinking that this can not be happening right now, but it did. It sure did happen. THEN he was a beast the entire time we were there. I had to take him away 3 different times during the play date for timeouts for hitting, pulling hair and just being naughty.  Brecken of course pulled a childrens standing tool set on himself and made my heart completely crumple because it looked bad. Even though I knew it was plastic and he could not have been hurt that badly, it was right on his neck as if it were choking him. I finaly left with my screaming child (Jack) wearing no shirt because he had pooped it, and since I took the time to run over there we had to run back home with no shirt on and him screaming. We looked classy.  I get home and fed Jackson lunch, and then he took the liberty of getting himself a yogurt smoothie and dumps it out on the living room floor. I thought I might lose it. But at this point it is almost 2pm. I finally get Brecken to bed.  Then I finally get Jackson to bed, and as I'm leaving Jack's room he says...Song mommy Song.. Kiss mom. Hug Mom. Then he wanted to shake hands, and then he said I love you. Everything I said or felt from above just got erased from my memory. This is the beauty of children and unconditional love.



Sweet moment. Hugs and open mouth kiss while skyping with G-ma and Pop Pop.

We are finally on the mend from ear infections, sleepless nights and a trip to Urgent Care (which is never so urgent) that included x-rays for poor baby Brecken.  At last Brecken is fine...our $300 bill reveals that he did not in fact swallow anything foreign. But he sure did look cute in that little hospital gown.

But not is all chaos here. We did have a super fun night on NYE with the Koehler's. We had a sleepover, and Jackson and Molly cheers all night and now Jackson constently repeats 3-2-1 HAPPY NEW YEAR along with asking to go "nite nite at Molly's house."  Of course we had "kid"night at 8PM, and then the real deal at midnight.  We left their house with new memories and having a dance off with Just Dance 3 to Robin Sparkles "Let's go to the Mall".  Kevin and I love How I Met Your Mother!!  We had yet another winery date with the Robbins and the newlyweds Lindsay and AJ and it ended in a late night at Bar O'Hare, which I have not laughed that much in a long time. Lastly we had an early Valentine's Day brunch last weekend, which included sharing wedding pictures between three families. It was so sweet and fun.  Jackson gets so excited about "parties" and asks to spend the night at his friend's house and when the song "Red Solo Cup" comes on he screams "PARTY!!". I love him.

3-2-1 Happy New Year! Cheers!!


She is so cute!

Me and Jacks!


Leah making famous lemon water at our Valentine's Day Brunch. Love this pitcher and picture!

Gorgeous Molly. I like that we have contained Roo in the jumper. It did not last long.

OMGosh. I can't stand it how much I love these girls! She was most content eating converstation hearts. I believe that is what Jackson had for brunch as well.

Love!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Krissy! I love reading your blog. I am so sorry these days are hard at times...and I am so there too with my girls. But you are such an awesome mommy (and friend) and I know the boys are so happy! Loved seeing you and the girls in these pics! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 <3 <3
    Especially the erased thoughts as soon as jack said i love you! it's amazing how even a smile can erased all of the bad instantly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete