Jackson and Brecken have been giving us many surprises these past few months. We are now having conversations with Jack, and we really get to see what is going on in that little mind of his. It's so much fun to talk to him. Kevin and I are laughing a lot these days. He says things like "I eat eat babies. Nooooo... I eat eat mamas....Noooo....I eat eat lollipops". It's like he is telling a joke.
Conversation example: Mommy "Jackson, Santa is watching you." Jackson "I nice. I hit. I hit Santa." Mommy "No Jackson that is not nice. We don't hit." Jackson "I hit mama". He is such a nut. We have this exact conversation 1005 times a day.
He is also such a great mimic. Jackson had the pleasure of helping daddy with cleaning up the leaves in our yard and came across 3 black snakes hidden in them. The first one Kevin did nothing about but the next two he decided he should get rid of. He of course took a rock and did the deed....But it was right in front of my innocent Jack. Now its burned into his memory and he is scarred for life because most days he wakes up and tells me about it. He says snake...rock...unn unnn (sounds of smashing the snake). Pleasant I know.
I am happy to report he is starting to learn his ABC's and counting to 10. He will even sing along with us as we sing the ABC song. He usually gets sidetracked after C, but he may chime in with a P, S, or X later in the song if he feels like it. He always gets Z though and follows it up with a clap and a "yay". Getting a puzzel of the ABC's from his grandma has been a big help. Thanks G-ma! No surprise that he is repeating EVERYTHING we say like a parrot. Sometimes it's good, other times it is not so good. I'm working on correcting my "not so good" language as we speak. In the car today he non-stopped talked all the way home about the playdate he had just had. SO cute! He is talking so much, and it makes us very happy to see all this progress. His speech therapist said he reached his goals 2 months ago but we will probably ride out the entire six months of him going. We should be done in February. I can't wait. It will be nice to have Monday and Friday's not to get out of the house at a certain time.
He also is now potty trained!! Or is at least most definitely not wearing diapers anymore. Not to say he does not have an accident here or there, but we can even leave the house and not have any accidents. BIG step. He only wears them for naps and bedtime. He does not like to wear underwear because I think it feels to much like a diaper, and he will mess them immediatley and the first time he went to school without anything on the teacher was shocked and thought they lost his underwear. :) YIKES! Our little commando boy. They also mentioned to me that he just took his pants off because he had to go and well I guess the class saw his goods! Oops. :) My friend Barb did the exact same process of potty training, and it worked really well for them. So far so good for us too. Thank you Barb and Leyton for paving the way to this new crazy world of potties. The accidents he does have are always a little humorous. For example....while on dad's shoulders he has peed....Or he has pooed in front of several friends and since Jackson does not wear underwear at this point, it litterly rolled down his pants and onto the floor. Not once, not twice but three times. The very same day Jackson had these two accidents Brecken had a major blowout to were his daddy had to give him a bath. Poor Kevin. Three times in one day. But the best thing about it all is Kevin did not complain at all. He is so great. But let me tell you....you would think that I would have less clean up with no more diapers. Yeah right. The toilet's are completely covered in pee as well as the floor, the wall and my furniture that is in the bathroom. I definitely have more work to do to keep the house clean now. But I'm not complaining...really I am not. Jackson is so good now I don't even have to ask him if he has to go at home. He uses the potty by himself. Although I now have to check the toliet and the floor before I can use the bathroom...I wonder if this will ever change though. :)
Baby Brecken is also reaching some milestones! Lets talk about milestone #1, crawling. The last TWO months this boy has miraculously been getting around. He was sort of crawling and sort of just falling on his face while doing the plank and sort of grabbing the carpet and pulling himself around. Now he is full force crawling. Just yesterday I noticed that he is really trying to pull himself up, and twice today he pulled himself up on toys. Ahhhh....Here we go. It won't be long before he is running circles around the house with his big brother.
Milestone #2....TALKING...Brecken's first word is Da da. He says it all day long. I love hearing this little voice come out. Except for that lately is been a little less vocal since he lost his voice which will lead me into us working on milestone #3...
Milestone #3....Sleep training. YUCK YUCK YUCK!! I hate this so much. It makes me sick to my stomach listening to my babies cry. The ferber method is what we try to use and it worked with Jackson eventually. We started Brecken on Monday and its just getting worse....Not better. Which leads me to believe that not all methods are for every baby. We will see where this weeks leads me and hopefully not just to the liquor cabinet.
No comments:
Post a Comment