Shabby Blogs

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Its begining to look a lot like Christmas!





Santa Baby

Our house has been transformed. There is nothing like a string of Christmas lights to make your house instantly feel cozy and warm. I LOVE sitting on the sofa with all the lights off, drinking hot cocoa/tea or a glass of wine and taking it all in. It's one of my happiest times of the year. Since Thanksgiving came and went I have been busy on pinterest getting plenty of NEW decorating ideas for the house, and I love what I have found!

Here are some of my favorite things that I have created, and I must add these pictures just do not do any of them justice!

I have four of these going up my staircase! I used real holly in there. :)

Kitchen island.


My dining room. I used the same centerpiece as I did for Thanksgiving.

Christmas Card holder! Yes I made this. Plywood, paint, burlap, clothespins and a decal.



My breakfast table. I loved this centerpiece. Mason jars and candles with salt. Love it!

To start the month off we were invited to an Elves Breakfast! My friend Michelle did an amazing job on such a memorable event for our children. The idea behind all of it was introducing the "Elf on the Shelf." She hosted the breakfast, and the kids played their little hearts out. Everyone got to wear their pajamas, and the children had hot cocoa and the adults mimosas along with a unforgettable delicious breakfast! Michelle sent the kids home with a cute reindeer cup that was like a snow globe, reindeer food to sprinkle on the lawn on Christmas Eve and cute little socks. It was a sweet morning to introduce our Elf, Buddy (Thanks Aunt Dumpy!) and ever since then he has been watching over Jackson and Brecken and making sure they have been nice and magically moving from place to place during the night.

Buddy

The next generation of playmates! Liam, Isla and Breck.
Isn't my friend Shanna gorgeous!! I think so!


This weekend we made a special trip for Jackson and Breck to see Santa. We went to the winery that is close to our house, and a friend of ours was actually the one in the Santa suit!! Jackson was unsure of him, but to our surprise he sat there for about 5 minutes without looking at Santa once but we at least got some proof that he did actually sit there. When you ask Jackson what he would like for Christmas his response is "Money's!!" Does he even know what money's is?? :) What a crack up.




Mr. and Mrs. Claus! Our friends Brandi and Mike.

Sweetest picture ever! I love this and will treasure forEVER!

This is our first family picture with the four of us. Sad I know. Its too bad Kevin has a blanket strapped on and the Bjorn, and we all have our jackets on!! But I still love it.


We ended our weekend with a Christmas brunch at our friends house that has been much over due! My girlfriend Melissa and I have been through a lot together. We used to carpool and work together, got pregnant at the same time, got laid off at the same time and we lived just minutes from each other. In the last year and a half we moved and then she moved a little bit further away. So we are now living 35-40 minutes away from each other and on top of  the kids in school, we barely see each other :(...So the kids reunited today and played hard and the adults drank, ate and talked about everything and nothing at all. I can't believe how much all the kids have grown. I've known her children since they were born and now Kaden is starting Kindergarten next year! Crazy how fast life can be.

This makes my heart melt.

Our first year with putting lights on the house. Nothing specatular by any means and I understand why some people just DON'T go through the trouble. What a chore!

My beautiful Brecken. I love him so much I had to sneak this picture in.

Thanks for reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment