A few weeks ago we decided that it would be a good idea to get Jackson into some sort of summer camp for the last weeks of summer until his preschool starts up this fall. Since we have our newest family addition it has been much harder for us to do things out of the house so this was a brilliant idea to help keep that mind of his growing and learning and good for me as well. Kevin and I calculated that probably since Jackson has been born he has been in the care of others for a total of 24 hours. We knew this would be a bit of shock for him as it was for me leaving him there because of the sadness I felt in my heart for him. I did not want him to be scared or to think I was not coming back. Day #1 consisted of Jack crying, tearing my clothes off in pure fear that we would leave him, and we did. I sat out in the hall and listened to him to what seemed like hours while I waited to talk to the director of the school and it was torture. I cried as I handed her the check for the session, I cried as I saw my friend Michelle outside, and I cried on the way home. I had hoped that he would soon settle down and enjoy the day ahead of him. When I went to pick him up (they have him in a pick-up line outside) he was sobbing. I heard him the second I got out of the car. It was pitiful. He was so scared and sad and it made me feel like an inch tall for leaving my baby there. But nonetheless, Jackson needs to be away from his mom and learn that it will be okay. Day #2 Kevin dropped him off. He said he cried (but I'm sure he kept it low key so there would not be two of us upset) and when I went to pick him up again, he was again hysterical when I picked him up. Needless to say we have started to pick him up inside the school instead of out and that has helped. They tell me that he is very happy there, and each time I go he is a little less hysterical and he is no longer crying when I pick him up. Thankfully. This could be the beginning of a good thing.
Jackson also went to his first movie ever at the movie theater a few weeks before Brecken arrived. We decided that he might like the movie Rio. We got to the theater at 10AM and he politely handed his ticket to the man in a wheelchair and didn't know what to think of all the lights and the snack bar. Jack loves his snacks. We purchased a popcorn for $16 and I had put two waters in my purse for healthy and cost measures. They have little boosters for the kids and Jack sat in between Kevin and I. They were showing the previews and he was shell shocked I think. He did not even take a bite of popcorn until half-way through the movie. He sat the entire movie, laughed a little and eventually ate the rest of the popcorn. I kept looking over at Kevin in awe that our baby was able to sit there. It was such a sweet affair for us.
Brecken doesn't have many firsts as of yet...but the one I will highlight today is that he FINALLY after 2 whole months of 1-3 hour increments of sleep, slept 7 straight hours. Now this has not happened again since that lovely night, but I have high hopes it will be back. As in my prior post, Brecken is smiling and its so precious. He makes such great coo noises too. He is getting stronger and actually does like to lay on his tummy. We have his 2 month appointment this Friday and I bet he is 12.5lbs!!
As for me...This is the first time I have ever uttered the words "I wish I had a good pair of mom jeans".
LOVE LOVE LOVE this video!!!!! <3
ReplyDelete