Shabby Blogs

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer? What summer...

Aug 1st. This means many things to me. It is the birthday of my precious nephew who was taken away from us a mere two years ago. Its also the birthday of a very good friend of mine who recently took a job in Chicago to better his life. Lastly, Aug 1st  also declares the end of summer. How did the "end" of summer even get here when I feel like I did not get to experience the beginning of summer?? Even though my summer has not been filled with swimming pools, beaches, bikinis or late nights (the kind that makes me think I'm really funny, not the kind that makes me delirious) I have had a busy one. I sometimes wonder what I ever did with my time when I didn't have two kids, a cat, husband and a house to take care of . 

Here are a few exciting moments to end our summer...

#1.   Brecken is sleeping on a regular pattern at night, however now that I have actually wrote this "aloud" I will be in for a rude awakening tonight I'm sure of it. He has been sleeping a 4-5 hour stretch and then a subsequent 3-4 after. It has been blissful.
#2.   I also have lost......7 pounds in our 30 day challenge weight loss! I'm almost positive that is the most weight I have lost in a single month without counting that initial baby weight that falls off in the first few weeks postpartum. However, to celebrate I decided to eat M&Ms like popcorn and haven't stopped since...and that was 3 days ago.  Kevin has been a great partner in my weight loss efforts. We have changed our eating habits together and we made a little challenge for ourselves for the next 12 weeks. If we run 4x a week and work out 2x a week we will be rewarded with the one and only Bose radio. Something I have wanted since pretty much I was born. This is a challenge that I promise I will not lose. I also went shopping with a friend for clothes this past Saturday, which I have not done in 3 years. I can't believe I have not went actual shopping for clothes...cute clothes. Not just yoga pants and t-shirts. It was fun until we walked out of the dressing room and looked at ourselves in a mirror that could have been in a carnival fun house...or at least that is what I'm going to believe.  My 7 pounds is great but not great enough to wear those cutsie mini skirts for a night when I'm off mom duty. But maybe since I'm 29 and not 19 I shouldn't wear them anyway....I tend to forget this fact.  Nonetheless I still spent $$ and have a smile on my face. We ended our date with frozen yogurt..... mine topped with Andy's mints and peanut butter cups. :)
#3.  Jackson went to school today (or summer camp) and did not cry when I dropped him off. I'm feeling a little sad that we will be moving him to a different school next month since he is finally getting the hang of it all. But I'm also very excited for his new school. Yesterday we received a packet for the open house and a school supply list!! Why am I excited for all of this I don't really know. I just feel like its a real school and he has to get school supplies and I get to pack his lunch everyday. I haven't done that since I lived with Kim and Tim and made lunch for the boys every morning. I remember Gust wrote me a nastygram once so when I went to open his lunch box, it "kindly" told me "Krissy-I do not like oranges, just apples. Gust". I laughed hysterically. Now he is a junior in high school. I'm getting older, but so is everyone else.
#4.  Jackson has taken a bit of an interest in the toilet. Not just a garbage interest like before. He decided one day to stand up to relieve himself. I did not witness this, but Kevin says it to be true. I tried it myself and we succeeded once more. I had excitement and dread all in one emotion. Dreading making the effort to make this a reality and excitement because I've been waiting for some sign to start it all. After reading a couple of potty training books I apparently should have been introducing this since birth. ???? Well lets be honest, I'm not wasting my time to potty train my infant. Pampers can have my money until then.
#5.  I feel like Jackson takes up most of my energy these days as most toddlers do. Today is a day that I was so mad, I laughed....Picture this:  Jackson is upstairs doing god knows what, and I'm yelling at the bottom of the stairs that his dad is home. We play this game of "hiding from daddy" and he will come find us and "get us". We always hide in the same place, under the shuffleboard table. So I keep yelling and yelling and finally I go upstairs and into the family cave and my mouth dropped to the floor because I'm witnessing something I don't ever want to witness again. Jackson has pushed the ottoman up against the shuffleboard table, he is sitting on top of the shuffleboard table putting all the pucks in rows and playing in the wax balls like its dirt. To top all of this off he is not wearing any pants or a diaper. So my face is in disbelief and I put my hands on my face (again another game we play with Jackson when we are being silly) so he thinks I am being silly and mimics me. Little does he know that mama is not happy but he quickly finds out as he was sent to his room. Bath time came a little early today....


2 comments:

  1. Seriously- potty training since birth?!? Congrats on his signs! At least he didn't show you a "sign" ON the shuffleboard table ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ran across your blog. Enjoyed reading...we have kids close to the same ages :)

    ReplyDelete