Shabby Blogs

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Power walk your way to fitness.....

One week has come and gone since baby B was brought into this world. Since then Jack has brought on a few favorite pastimes. His #1 favorite being "Power walking his way to fitness". Kevin has started this while I was in the hospital. He walks like a complete goof, swinging his arms and picking up is knees while shaking his booty and yes power walking around the house. Jackson finds this hilarious and probably more so then I do if that is possible. He has the laugh that is deep in your gut and you can't help but smile and laugh too when you hear it. Its so contagious as most belly laughs are. He follows behind Kevin laughing and trying to do his best "power walk". I secretly hope this continues for a while as I love watching my husband be such a goof and my mimicking son right behind him.

I did my own "power-walk" this past Saturday morning. Baby B woke up around 4:30am. Fed him, changed him, and swaddled him and of course after all that I was wide-eyed and thinking of all the things I was going to do that day. I wasn't going back to sleep. It has been exactly one-week since Baby B, and I thought I should try to get off some of this weight I had LOVED so much putting on. (I miss you Cheetos) I walked out the door a little after 5am. The sun was coming up. I was expecting it to be very humid as we have had over 90 degree weather for the past several days, but it was shockingly cool. I was actually a little chilly. It started out as a light jog and my feet felt like I had an extra 100 pound bricks on them. They were heavy. I was surprised when I made it up the first incline without stopping and made it to the very end (1.25 miles) without stopping too. Of course I lost my stamina on the way home so I power walked. Not like my husband, as he is the master at this. But as I power walked home I thought about what an amazing week I had had. Having Brecken finally here has been so much fun. Kevin and I have been so relaxed, not like we were when we were first time parents. I feel like we get to enjoy the things that were scary and new the first time around. Jack has been great. He asks to hold Breck. He loves to play with his toes, gives him is paci, and pet his head. He hasn't shown any dislike for Breck. He has showed some excessive whining at times accompanied with getting into things he knows he is not supposed to. It is a learning process for all of us. He doesn't like to share his toys so why would he like to share his parents??

Yet, another positive to our week was all the food we received from our friends. Thank you to everyone who has brought us food and who came to love on our new little addition. It means a lot to us that you care enough to do so. I'm going to have to power walk all this goodness off so its a good thing I have such a good teacher...or teachers.

 Brecken and Landon...3 weeks apart

Brecken and Liam!! 9 weeks apart. 

 This is what I do to keep Jack occupied. :)

The new Sit N Stand stroller! Jack loves it.  

Brothers and best friends.  

I love him. 

1 comment:

  1. I am AMAZED that you went for a jog/power walk ; ) already!!! You ROCK!!!
    and i have tears streaming down my face at your pics! "brothers and best friends" and "i love him!" Ditto!!!!

    ReplyDelete