More times then not, I catch myself saying some pretty ridiculous things. I was talking with my mother on the phone the other day when I called out "Jack, if you are going to jump off the couch, please do so on the other side". He probably should not be jumping off the couch anyway, but he is a pro gymnast. My mom laughed at me and I laughed too.
I have realized in my few short years of being a mother that we are not always perfect and as much as we try or at least me, I end up doing things I would have never thought possible. "Jack do you want another spoonful of frosting?" or when Jack was first born and we were in San Diego, short on diapers....yes, I cleaned it out and put it back on. My sister Casi died when I told her this. Frankly, I did too when I admitted it.
My dreams of raising a child germ-free also has gone down hill. I acknowledged this when I said to Jackson..."Now Jack, this really isn't a floor you can eat stuff off of." But is there really a "good" floor to do so? They have stories in PARENTS magazine about what children say thats funny, but they also need to put in a section in there about what parents say that is funny too. I surprise myself what comes out of my mouth or what the battles I end up losing. Superman slippers are always a good "shoe" to wear outside in the mud, and this is only the beginning.
I like that Jack owns LOTS of pink and purple things.
Jackson likes to "get" us when we sit in the swing.
No comments:
Post a Comment