JACKSON:
Hi I'm Jackson Hare and I'm two. Nice to meet you as he takes one hand out of his pocket and shakes. ---I love it when he says this---
Favorite songs: I'm sexy and I know it by LMFAO and Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith. He sings both perfectly and he has a sweet dance to go with it. I'm not sure where this kid learned to roll his hips but he has got it down complete with a head shake.
Favorite TV show: Dora or I should say Dorda. When he falls asleep at night you can hear him on the monitor saying "Bridge, Rock, Library...Bridge, Rock, Library!!"
Favorite Movie: Alvin and the Chipmunks. This kid surprises me with this movies and very little cartoon animation in them.
Best Friend: Brecken or in Jackson's language Breck-knee. This is what he told me last night. My heart melted. I hope they continue to be besties. UPDATE He has now told me that Molly was his best friend proceeded by Nena (Leah).
Who loves Jackson....When you ask Jack it usually goes like this, Brecken-Mom-Dad-Leah-Uncle Kyle. Then you ask who loves him the most and he says Pop Pop.
Mr. Independent: He can put his shoes on and most of the time they are on the RIGHT feet. He does not want us to help him. He also helps with everything from the laundry to planting trees, to checking the mail, taking out the garbage. He is adamant he will help. It is very admirable. :)
Jackson likes to walk by himself. He will say "I walk mommy, I walk." He does not like to hold my hand and most of the time I let him on his own. He is very good about not running away from me when we are in public. We have come a long way from this summer. We are working on his colors, and he has mastered most of them. He counts 1-10 constantly and consistently and counts everything he sees. He has been singing his ABC's for some time now, but he can now point out a few letters for us. His little mind is learning at a very rapid pace. He is repeating everything we say and do and everything his teachers to. He tells Kevin and I that we are "Too Loud" and 1-2-3 QUIET about every 4 minutes. What he doesn't understand is that he is actually the one with that problem. He also reminds us "Don't throw mulch and don't throw grass!". Jackson has become quite the "Johnny Rule Book". He makes sure everyone is in line, and if they are not, he will let ANY adult know. He makes sure the kids know not to push him and even if they don't he will tell me that they did. We are calling him "Mayor Jack."
As most of you know, I am not perfect by any means nor do I act like it. However when Jackson started repeating this..."Mommy is SO mad! and Mommy be so mad if you __blank___!" He tells this to his teachers. Great....but this morning he started saying "Mommy is SO happy", and yes ladies and gentlemen, this makes Mommy very happy. And since he loves making mommy so happy he eats his dinner at the dinner table!! YAY! And he actually praises us for eating our dinner too. Good job mommy. Good job daddy is what he says followed with a clap, smile and giggle.
I know someday that Jackson will read all of these so I want to add this in there. Kevin and I were sitting at the dinner table the other night and Kevin looks up at me and says "Jackson is going to be a good adult. You can tell because he has really good qualities. He likes to make people happy. He loves to joke around. He follows the rules. He is liked and is nice to people. He is just a good kid." I actually never thought of Jackson's qualities as a child that would fall in to his life as an adult. But Kevin is right. Jackson is a good kid and will be an amazing adult. We are very lucky parents.
I'm sexy and I know it.
Oh the diaper box...So much fun.
My prodigies.
Donuts with Dad!
BRECKEN:
Brecken is 10 months old! UPDATE -11 months old. He weighs 20 pounds now and is as busy as ever. He is into EVERYTHING.
(Gosh this was FOREVER ago)
For starters he just has not been feeling well, which always makes every situation a bit more stressful. Saturday night while I was cooking dinner, he pushed the gate to the side on our stairs (It was jimmy rigged in there) and made his decent up about 30 stairs. I don't know how far he got or what happened in between, but the moment I asked where Brecken was he screamed and I saw a ball rolling down the stairs except it was not a ball it was Brecken rolling. He hit the gate and broke it in two pieces. I held him so tight but did not want to look at his face. He was fine after a few minutes and when I set him down again he was right back up those stairs. GOD HELP ME.
Two days before the stairs incident I gave Brecken two goldfish on my way home from the grocery store. One for each hand since that seemed to make him happy. In the intersection he starts choking. I look in my mirror and his is bright red straining to breathe. I stop my car in the middle of the road, run to his door, rip him out of the car seat, lay him stomach first on one arm while I beat his back. So scary....Then he gets sicker. Coughing, runny nose, up about 5+ times a night. He turns out to have an ear infection when I took him to the doctor on Monday. Later that day I go and check the mail and start reading a letter and in the two seconds I sat down to do this he was in our office playing in Ziki's puke. Yes. That is right. His legs were caked in it as well as his hands. I did not look at his face because I couldn't bare to see what it looked like.
UPDATE: Brecken started walking!! He is all over the place as you can imagine. He is still wobbly but is getting better everyday. I still can't believe this little tiny body is everywhere. He however has crashed A LOT. He likes to carry toys in his hands. Preferably ones that are very heavy and much larger then he is, which makes walking more difficult. Like his plastic golf clubs, or the children's laptop. He stacks blocks and puts balls into the holes they are supposed to go into. He takes things out of a basket then puts them back in. I noticed this awhile ago, but I realized how amazing it was when he grabbed a bowl of fruit loops and dumped them and then he bent down and picked up every last one of them and put them back and set them on the table and walked away. WHAT!!! Genius. I have been telling Kevin for months that our son is a prodigy. :)
He also sprouted his two bottom teeth and is working on four up top. You can imagine how pleasant he has been lately. I think it is time for Grandma and Pop Pop to come back down here ASAP! He is becoming a bit more vocal in what he wants and Jackson and Brecken are very sweet together.
Today I was busy of course putting batteries in yet another toy so I asked Jackson to get Brecken from the laundry room (since I have another cat food lover on my hands). Jackson jumps up (since he is the best helper around) and runs to get him. I hear Brecken whine, then out of the corner of my eye I see them and I can hear Jackson telling Brecken "It's okay Brecknee. Mommy wants you in here." I turn around and Jackson and Brecken are holding hands and Jack is helping him down the two stairs into our playroom. My heart melted. I beamed at Jackson because yes I am proud of what a sweet, loving boy Kevin and I have raised. Now if only this would carry into sharing his toys.
Okay I'll stop gushing about my boys. They just make "mommy so happy!".
Cute!!You know sweet Brecken sat there the entire 15 minutes and did not make a peep during the entire haircut. Two words...Dream Boat.









No comments:
Post a Comment